Re: Format of class .lst files

  • blithwyn
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 21, 2003
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Jayme" <jayme@r...> wrote:
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "blithwyn"
      <blithwyn@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > I actually like the current way, at least for level lines. If
      I'm
      > > entering or testing a class I would like to have it look as
      similar
      > > to the table in the book as possible. In the example above the
      CAST
      > > tag would be spread out over a couple of pages (i.e. I need to
      > > scroll). And that is no fun to proofread.
      >
      > First of all, you are going to have to scroll to read out to
      column
      > 515 (level 1 of Bard class) no matter how large a screen you have.
      >
      > But I can understand the spell table issue. However, let's take a
      look
      > at the first five levels of the Druid class from SRD:
      >
      > 1 CAST:3,1 SA:Nature Sense
      SA:Animal
      > Companion
      WEAPONAUTO:

      Club|Dagger|Dart|Halfspear|Longspear|Quarterstaff|Scimitar|Sickle|Sho
      > tspear|Sling FEATAUTO:Armor Proficiency (Light)|Armor Proficiency
      > (Medium)|Shield Proficiency
      > 2 CAST:4,2 SA:Woodland Stride
      > 3 CAST:4,2,1 SA:Trackless Step
      > 4 CAST:5,3,2 SA:Resist Nature's
      Lure
      > 5 CAST:5,3,2,1 SA:Wildshape %
      > /day|Wildshape BONUS:VAR|Wildshape|1
      DEFINE:
      > Wildshape|0
      >
      > Now, let's see if we can make that a bit more readable without
      losing
      > the "table" feel:
      >
      > 1 WEAPONAUTO:

      Club|Dagger|Dart|Halfspear|Longspear|Quarterstaff|Scimitar|Sickle|Sho
      > tspear|Sling
      > 1 FEATAUTO:Armor Proficiency (Light)|Armor Proficiency (Medium)
      > |Shield Proficiency
      > 1 CAST:3,1 SA:Nature Sense SA:Animal
      Companion
      > 2 CAST:4,2 SA:Woodland Stride
      > 3 CAST:4,2,1 SA:Trackless Step
      > 4 CAST:5,3,2 SA:Resist Nature's Lure
      > 5 CAST:5,3,2,1 SA:Wildshape %/day|Wildshape BONUS:
      > VAR|Wildshape|1 DEFINE:Wildshape|0
      >
      > All I've really done is seperate out the Weapon and Armor
      > Proficiencies to their own lines. However, now instead of having
      > scroll sideways to column 268, I can see it all onscreen (at least
      at
      > 1280x1024 I can)

      Yes, but that is different from your first example.
      This one I can totally agree with.
      It is the "one thing, one line" I don't like. I simply don't see
      that as more readable.

      Ratheof Blithwyn