Replacing existing feats

  • Mark Sironi
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2003
      I'm trying to figure out a way to replace existing feats in the
      RSRD. Specifically, our campaign has house rules for the Dodge and
      Mobility feats, I'd like to replace the RSRD versions with our
      modified ones. Coding up the changes isn't the problem, I've
      already done that, but cannot figure out a way to replace the
      existing feats and still have the feat chains work correctly, w/o
      replicating all the feats and renaming them.

      Is there a way to say this feat overwrites other feats with the same
      name? (I suspect not as this could create all kinds of ordering
      issues as to who wins if 2 sources try to do this)

      --
      Mark Sironi
    • Eric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2003
        At 22:50 2003.10.11, Mark Sironi wrote:
        >I'm trying to figure out a way to replace existing feats in the
        >RSRD. Specifically, our campaign has house rules for the Dodge and
        >Mobility feats, I'd like to replace the RSRD versions with our
        >modified ones. Coding up the changes isn't the problem, I've
        >already done that, but cannot figure out a way to replace the
        >existing feats and still have the feat chains work correctly, w/o
        >replicating all the feats and renaming them.
        >
        >Is there a way to say this feat overwrites other feats with the same
        >name? (I suspect not as this could create all kinds of ordering
        >issues as to who wins if 2 sources try to do this)
        >
        >--
        >Mark Sironi

        In the List Files->Global Tags->Other Tags section of the doc, look for .MOD and .FORGET. That should allow you to do what you want.

        Best

        Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
        <mailto:beaudoer@...>