Spell .lst files now parsed

  • Jayme
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2003
      In the latest autobuild, the following fields in the Spell .lst files
      are now parsed for variable values:

      DESC:
      DURATION:
      TARGETAREA:

      This allows spell lines like the following:
      ---
      Lightning Bolt
      TYPE:Arcane.Divine
      CLASSES:Sorcerer,Wizard,Adept=3
      COMPS:V, S, M
      CASTTIME:1 action
      RANGE:Medium
      TARGETAREA:5 ft. wide to (100+(CASTERLEVEL*10)) ft; or 10 ft. wide to
      (50+(CASTERLEVEL*5)) ft
      DURATION:Instantaneous
      SAVEINFO:Reflex half
      SPELLRES:Yes
      DESC:Electricity deals (CASTERLEVEL)d6 damage
      SOURCEPAGE:Chap.11, Spells
      ---
      or this one:
      ---
      Acid Arrow
      SCHOOL:Conjuration
      TYPE:Arcane
      CLASSES:Sorcerer,Wizard=2
      COMPS:V, S, M, F
      CASTTIME:1 action
      RANGE:Long
      TARGETAREA:One arrow of acid
      DURATION:((CASTERLEVEL/3)+1) rounds
      SAVEINFO:None
      SPELLRES:Yes
      DESC:Ranged touch attack; 2d4 damage for ((CASTERLEVEL/3)+1) rounds
      SOURCEPAGE:Chap.11, Spells
      ---

      The items you want parsed must be enclosed within ()'s or they will
      not get parsed.
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2003
        I tried this out using auto build 200310120714, it works in the DURATION
        field but not in the DESC or TARGETAREA. Would be great to see this working,
        I'd love to see it in the production release.

        -Eddy

        > In the latest autobuild, the following fields in the Spell .lst files
        > are now parsed for variable values:
        >
        > DESC:
        > DURATION:
        > TARGETAREA:
      • Jayme
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2003
          > > In the latest autobuild, the following fields in the Spell .lst files
          > > are now parsed for variable values:
          > >
          > > DESC:
          > > DURATION:
          > > TARGETAREA:

          > I tried this out using auto build 200310120714, it works in the DURATION
          > field but not in the DESC or TARGETAREA. Would be great to see this
          working,
          > I'd love to see it in the production release.

          Yeah, seems there was a little cvs glitch. The correct code is back
          in, so grab the latest autobuild and love it all!