Bonus Tag Help

  • alanschlieper
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 11, 2002
      I am new to this so a little help is needed.
      I am making a LST file for some feats.

      What is the proper way to form a BONUS tag
      to add 2 to the characters natural armor.

      Thx
    • y2krankor
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 12, 2002
        BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE

        You might want to look at some of the existing LST files (such as the
        monster manual files) for good examples of how to do lots of things
        like this.

        -Greg G

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "alanschlieper" <spot10@a...> wrote:
        > I am new to this so a little help is needed.
        > I am making a LST file for some feats.
        >
        > What is the proper way to form a BONUS tag
        > to add 2 to the characters natural armor.
        >
        > Thx
      • alanschlieper
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 12, 2002
          Look, the Monster Manual has no examples of what I'm trying to do, so
          I don't know what you were talking about.

          As far as what I need, Here it is.
          The feat i'm trying to do is:
          1.) stackable - STACK=YES
          2.) multiple selectings - MULT=YES
          3.) Feat adds +2 to natural armor - CHOOSE???? BONUS????
          These two tags I already know, but if that bonus tag you gave me is
          correct then I still have something wrong with that choose tag.

          What should the choose tag say to make that bonus tag work right?

          Thx

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "y2krankor" <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:

          > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE
          >
          > You might want to look at some of the existing LST files (such as
          the
          > monster manual files) for good examples of how to do lots of things
          > like this.
          >
          > -Greg G
          >

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "alanschlieper" <spot10@a...> wrote:
          > > I am new to this so a little help is needed.
          > > I am making a LST file for some feats.
          > >
          > > What is the proper way to form a BONUS tag
          > > to add 2 to the characters natural armor.
          > >
          > > Thx
        • Bob Galley
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 12, 2002
            I think what he's suggesting is, that the MM lst files have feats that
            upgrade things like NaturalArmor (though for some reason, I thought that
            particular keyword was all uppercase. I haven't found a list of all
            predefined variables in customize.htm yet, maybe the doc monkeys can add
            one? Pretty please? :)

            However, MULT:Y is funky, as it requires a CHOOSE. However, the CHOOSE
            doesn't have to /do/ anything. I think something as simple as CHOOSE:+2
            Natural Armor (In essence, a label in English for the user to click) is just
            fine for a feat that does the same bonus every time you add it.

            BoB

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 12, 2002
              That seemed to have worked, but also created another problem in the
              process.

              Now, I create a character. He starts with 9AC 10base -1 ability
              I add my feat once and it correctly adds 2 changing ability from -1
              to +1

              I add my feat again, but it doesn't add any more to ability portion
              of AC calculation. What's up with that?

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 12, 2002
                Hmm... actually looking at y2krankor's formula, my guess is that .REPLACE at
                the end. Try taking that out.

                BoB

                space.]

                > Now, I create a character. He starts with 9AC 10base -1 ability
                > I add my feat once and it correctly adds 2 changing ability from -1
                > to +1
                >
                > I add my feat again, but it doesn't add any more to ability portion
                > of AC calculation. What's up with that?
                >
                > > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "y2krankor" <torcha.geo@y...>

              • Thomas Clegg
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 13, 2002
                  Try .STACK instead, I think that should work..

                  Tom

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 13, 2002
                    I tried that out and guess what

                    BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.STACK

                    That didn't work either.
                    It still only adds the +2 to armor once.

                    Well, at least it is only reflected once on the print preview
                    of the character sheet.

                    Any other ideas?
                    I'm thinking we may have found a bug.
                    What do you think?