Just can't figure out how to add a bonus feat...

  • loyalparsons
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8, 2002
      1st level characters in our campaign are allowed to pick a bonus feat
      from a list that is specific to a region. (Maybe this is similar to
      the FR? I don't know much about the FR.) So, at first level, they
      not only get one feat for being first level, and potentially another
      feat if human, but they also get to pick another feat from a specific
      list based on their region.

      I have tried a few different ideas, but I just can't get this to
      work. I'm following the strategy of using a template to let them
      pick a region. BONUSFEATS:1 does not seem to add a feat, so I
      thought perhaps I could have a list popup where they would choose,
      but that doesn't seem to be supported either.

      Has anyone already done this?
    • loyalparsons
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2002
        Perhaps this is more of a Feature Request for SourceForge?

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "loyalparsons" <loyalp@c...> wrote:
        > 1st level characters in our campaign are allowed to pick a bonus
        feat
        > from a list that is specific to a region. (Maybe this is similar to
        > the FR? I don't know much about the FR.) So, at first level, they
        > not only get one feat for being first level, and potentially
        another
        > feat if human, but they also get to pick another feat from a
        specific
        > list based on their region.
        >
        > I have tried a few different ideas, but I just can't get this to
        > work. I'm following the strategy of using a template to let them
        > pick a region. BONUSFEATS:1 does not seem to add a feat, so I
        > thought perhaps I could have a list popup where they would choose,
        > but that doesn't seem to be supported either.
        >
        > Has anyone already done this?
      • Chris Holmes
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2003
          I'm having the same problem. I created a template including the line
          BONUSFEATS:1, didn't work. Also tried ADD:FEAT, didn't work. Did
          you ever find a way to make yours work? The help doc says this
          should work!

          Chris

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "loyalparsons"

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2003
            I was assuming you'd seen the following in the help file, but who
            knows....

            Tag Name: ADD

            Variable(s) Used: FEAT

            Example(s): ADD:FEAT

            Example(s): ADD:FEAT
            (Alertness,TYPE=Fighter,Electric Boogalo)#

            Note(s): Valid TYPE's are TYPE=REGION,
            TYPE=SUBREGION, TYPE=ALLREGION, and TYPE=feattype (I.E. the type of
            feat, not the word 'feattype'.)

            Note(s): The # at the end of the tag
            indicates the number of choices granted from the list of feats
            presented.

            WHAT IT DOES: FEAT with no additional parameters will increase the
            number of feats the character knows by 1, as shown in the first
            example above. FEAT with parameters such as those in the second
            example above will give the character a choice of one from the feats
            listed in the ( ) (parenthesis). Feats listed in the ( )
            (parenthesis) are all , (comma) delimited

            Good luck!

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Holmes"