Using commas in the SA: tag

  • charlesloflin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2002
      I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request but I finally
      found the cause of what is personally one of the most annoying
      aspects of PCGEN.

      1. Start PCGEN
      2. Load the DnD Core Rules
      3. Create a new undead creature (i.e. Vampire Spawn)
      4. Go to the abilities tab

      You will notice that in the Special Abilities area, PCGEN has broken
      sentences in odd ways. Why? Because of the commas in the SA tags of
      the monmantypestemplates.lst file. Apparently, PCGEN uses the comma
      character to delimit SA tags which means that any commas used within
      a single SA tag are treated as delimiters and the resulting fragments
      appears in alphabetical order.

      Anyone have a suggestion for how to approach this problem? For the
      moment, I changed the lst file so that each immunity is its own SA
      tag (i.e. SA:Immune to mind-influencing effects SA:Immune to poison
      SA:Immune to sleep SA:Immune to paralysis SA:Immune to
      stunning SA:Immune to disease. SA:Not subject to critical
      hits SA:Not subject to subdual damage SA:Not subject to
      ability damage SA:Not subject to energy drain SA:Not subject to
      death from massive damage.) Not very elegant, but it does work. I'm
      interested in any other suggestions.

      Thanks,
      Charles