RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Save Penalties?

  • Jason Stripinis
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002

      Thanks!

      I have 2.7.3 and I think I remember seeing it in the documentation, but why is the CHOOSE:.CLEAR needed? Also, you cannot have the .MOD twice on different lines?

      Just trying to understand this awesome tool.

      -Jason

       elves_are_mortal@... wrote:

      --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:
      > Any idea how I can make the feat modification for
      > "Skill Focus" to make it give +3 instead of +2 and
      > make the skill a class skill. I have a feat lst file
      > with this:
      >
      > Skill Focus.MOD [tab] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

      This worked fine for me.  Just make sure whatever
      source you have this in gets loaded *after* the PHB
      does.

      However, if you *also* want the feat to make it a
      class skill, this should work:

      Skill Focus.MOD [TAB] CHOOSE:.CLEAR [TAB]
      CHOOSE:SKILLLIST|LIST [TAB] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

      I'm not actually sure if CHOOSE:.CLEAR is officially
      supported yet, but this feat DOES work with 2.7.3.

      > TIA,
      >
      > Jason

      /Mortal_Elf/

      Freelance List Elf
      Available upon Request
      (elves_are_mortal @ yahoo.com)
      [Soul unavailable for reaping.]

      Do You Yahoo!?

    • elves_are_mortal@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002
        --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:

        > Thanks!
        > I have 2.7.3 and I think I remember seeing it in the
        > documentation, but why is the CHOOSE:.CLEAR needed?

        Skill Focus has a CHOOSE tag already that, after you
        mod it, you won't need. It uses the CHOOSE:SKILLNAMED
        tag, and that just lets you choose from skills the
        feat author names. The CHOOSE:SKILLLIST tag makes
        whatever skill you choose into a class skill. So, by
        using CHOOSE:.CLEAR, we will remove the old,
        unnecessary CHOOSE tag, leaving us room to add the new
        one.

        > Also, you cannot have the .MOD twice on different
        > lines?

        I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to
        say. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before; you'll
        *only* need this line in your mod file. You won't
        need the other example I gave you.

        Skill Focus.MOD [TAB] CHOOSE:.CLEAR [TAB]
        CHOOSE:SKILLLIST|LIST [TAB] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

        Note that this should only be on one line, in case
        Yahoo! decides to throw in a carriage return.

        > Just trying to understand this awesome tool.
        > -Jason

        /Mortal_Elf/

        Freelance List Elf
        Available upon Request
        (elves_are_mortal @ yahoo.com)
        [Soul unavailable for reaping.]

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • Jason Stripinis
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002

          I get this error on loading the file:

          Cannot apply .MOD: Skill Focus not found

          ??

          -Jason