RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Save Penalties?

  • Jason Stripinis
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2002

      Thanks! That worked just fine and makes sense with the type comparison rule.

      Any idea how I can make the feat modification for "Skill Focus" to make it give +3 instead of +2 and make the skill a class skill. I have a feat lst file with this:

      Skill Focus.MOD [tab] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1
      Skill Focus.MOD [tab] CHOOSE:COUNT=1|SKILLLIST|1

      But that does not seem to work.

      TIA,

      Jason

       elves_are_mortal@... wrote:

      --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:

      > I must have had the equal sign there and not the
      > colon. Because if I put "...|2|..." then it works
      > fine but "...|-2|..." does not work?
      > Sounds like a bug to me ...
      > -Jason

      Hi.

      Sorry if somebody's already answered this, but I think
      I know what you're going through.  Whenever you want
      to give penalties, don't give them a TYPE.  You can
      find more comments on this here:

      I believe this is what you were using:

      BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2|Type:LUCK

      Instead, try this:

      BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2

      That should work.

      Best of luck!

      /Mortal_Elf/

      Freelance List Elf
      Available upon Request
      (elves_are_mortal @ yahoo.com)
      [Soul unavailable for reaping.]

      Do You Yahoo!?

    • elves_are_mortal@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002
        --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:
        > Any idea how I can make the feat modification for
        > "Skill Focus" to make it give +3 instead of +2 and
        > make the skill a class skill. I have a feat lst file
        > with this:
        >
        > Skill Focus.MOD [tab] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

        This worked fine for me. Just make sure whatever
        source you have this in gets loaded *after* the PHB
        does.

        However, if you *also* want the feat to make it a
        class skill, this should work:

        Skill Focus.MOD [TAB] CHOOSE:.CLEAR [TAB]
        CHOOSE:SKILLLIST|LIST [TAB] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

        I'm not actually sure if CHOOSE:.CLEAR is officially
        supported yet, but this feat DOES work with 2.7.3.

        > TIA,
        >
        > Jason

        /Mortal_Elf/

        Freelance List Elf
        Available upon Request
        (elves_are_mortal @ yahoo.com)
        [Soul unavailable for reaping.]

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • Jason Stripinis
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002

          Thanks!

          I have 2.7.3 and I think I remember seeing it in the documentation, but why is the CHOOSE:.CLEAR needed? Also, you cannot have the .MOD twice on different lines?

          Just trying to understand this awesome tool.

          -Jason

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002
            --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:

            > Thanks!
            > I have 2.7.3 and I think I remember seeing it in the
            > documentation, but why is the CHOOSE:.CLEAR needed?

            Skill Focus has a CHOOSE tag already that, after you
            mod it, you won't need. It uses the CHOOSE:SKILLNAMED
            tag, and that just lets you choose from skills the
            feat author names. The CHOOSE:SKILLLIST tag makes
            whatever skill you choose into a class skill. So, by
            using CHOOSE:.CLEAR, we will remove the old,
            unnecessary CHOOSE tag, leaving us room to add the new
            one.

            > Also, you cannot have the .MOD twice on different
            > lines?

            I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to
            say. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before; you'll
            *only* need this line in your mod file. You won't
            need the other example I gave you.

            Skill Focus.MOD [TAB] CHOOSE:.CLEAR [TAB]
            CHOOSE:SKILLLIST|LIST [TAB] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

            Note that this should only be on one line, in case
            Yahoo! decides to throw in a carriage return.

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002

              I get this error on loading the file:

              Cannot apply .MOD: Skill Focus not found

              ??

              -Jason