RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Save Penalties?

  • elves_are_mortal@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2002
      --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:

      > I must have had the equal sign there and not the
      > colon. Because if I put "...|2|..." then it works
      > fine but "...|-2|..." does not work?
      > Sounds like a bug to me ...
      > -Jason

      Hi.

      Sorry if somebody's already answered this, but I think
      I know what you're going through. Whenever you want
      to give penalties, don't give them a TYPE. You can
      find more comments on this here:

      I believe this is what you were using:

      BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2|Type:LUCK

      Instead, try this:

      BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2

      That should work.

      Best of luck!

      /Mortal_Elf/

      Freelance List Elf
      Available upon Request
      (elves_are_mortal @ yahoo.com)
      [Soul unavailable for reaping.]

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • Jason Stripinis
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2002

        Thanks! That worked just fine and makes sense with the type comparison rule.

        Any idea how I can make the feat modification for "Skill Focus" to make it give +3 instead of +2 and make the skill a class skill. I have a feat lst file with this:

        Skill Focus.MOD [tab] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1
        Skill Focus.MOD [tab] CHOOSE:COUNT=1|SKILLLIST|1

        But that does not seem to work.

        TIA,

        Jason

         elves_are_mortal@... wrote:

        --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:

        > I must have had the equal sign there and not the
        > colon. Because if I put "...|2|..." then it works
        > fine but "...|-2|..." does not work?
        > Sounds like a bug to me ...
        > -Jason

        Hi.

        Sorry if somebody's already answered this, but I think
        I know what you're going through.  Whenever you want
        to give penalties, don't give them a TYPE.  You can
        find more comments on this here:

        I believe this is what you were using:

        BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2|Type:LUCK

        Instead, try this:

        BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2

        That should work.

        Best of luck!

        /Mortal_Elf/

        Freelance List Elf
        Available upon Request
        (elves_are_mortal @ yahoo.com)
        [Soul unavailable for reaping.]

        Do You Yahoo!?

      • elves_are_mortal@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002
          --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:
          > Any idea how I can make the feat modification for
          > "Skill Focus" to make it give +3 instead of +2 and
          > make the skill a class skill. I have a feat lst file
          > with this:
          >
          > Skill Focus.MOD [tab] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

          This worked fine for me. Just make sure whatever
          source you have this in gets loaded *after* the PHB
          does.

          However, if you *also* want the feat to make it a
          class skill, this should work:

          Skill Focus.MOD [TAB] CHOOSE:.CLEAR [TAB]
          CHOOSE:SKILLLIST|LIST [TAB] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

          I'm not actually sure if CHOOSE:.CLEAR is officially
          supported yet, but this feat DOES work with 2.7.3.

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002

            Thanks!

            I have 2.7.3 and I think I remember seeing it in the documentation, but why is the CHOOSE:.CLEAR needed? Also, you cannot have the .MOD twice on different lines?

            Just trying to understand this awesome tool.

            -Jason

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002
              --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:

              > Thanks!
              > I have 2.7.3 and I think I remember seeing it in the
              > documentation, but why is the CHOOSE:.CLEAR needed?

              Skill Focus has a CHOOSE tag already that, after you
              mod it, you won't need. It uses the CHOOSE:SKILLNAMED
              tag, and that just lets you choose from skills the
              feat author names. The CHOOSE:SKILLLIST tag makes
              whatever skill you choose into a class skill. So, by
              using CHOOSE:.CLEAR, we will remove the old,
              unnecessary CHOOSE tag, leaving us room to add the new
              one.

              > Also, you cannot have the .MOD twice on different
              > lines?

              I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to
              say. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before; you'll
              *only* need this line in your mod file. You won't
              need the other example I gave you.

              Skill Focus.MOD [TAB] CHOOSE:.CLEAR [TAB]
              CHOOSE:SKILLLIST|LIST [TAB] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

              Note that this should only be on one line, in case
              Yahoo! decides to throw in a carriage return.

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002

                I get this error on loading the file:

                Cannot apply .MOD: Skill Focus not found

                ??

                -Jason