RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Save Penalties?

  • Jason Stripinis
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5 10:10 AM

      I must have had the equal sign there and not the colon. Because if I put "...|2|..." then it works fine but "...|-2|..." does not work?

      Sounds like a bug to me ...

      -Jason

       Mynex wrote:

      TYPE=Luck  <--- Correct and good and all is right with the world

      TYPE:Luck  <--- Bad JuJu Evil spirits will cause PCGen to crash...

      The : Is one of several types of symbols that are used in PCGen as
      separators...

      Mynex

      - #1 Evil Assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys
      - List files & Documentation Silverback
      - RPG Reviews Editor & Reviewer

        Did some playing and got some to work at least good enough to start.
        I am trying to create a custom magic item listing.  The ring grants
        a +3 to wisdom (BONUS:STAT|WIS|3 works) but gives a minus 2 to
        Reflex and Save (BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2|Type:LUCK) does
        not seem to wor Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • elves_are_mortal@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5 2:27 PM
          --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:

          > I must have had the equal sign there and not the
          > colon. Because if I put "...|2|..." then it works
          > fine but "...|-2|..." does not work?
          > Sounds like a bug to me ...
          > -Jason

          Hi.

          Sorry if somebody's already answered this, but I think
          I know what you're going through. Whenever you want
          to give penalties, don't give them a TYPE. You can
          find more comments on this here:

          I believe this is what you were using:

          BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2|Type:LUCK

          Instead, try this:

          BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2

          That should work.

          Best of luck!

          /Mortal_Elf/

          Freelance List Elf
          Available upon Request
          (elves_are_mortal @ yahoo.com)
          [Soul unavailable for reaping.]

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • Jason Stripinis
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5 7:25 PM

            Thanks! That worked just fine and makes sense with the type comparison rule.

            Any idea how I can make the feat modification for "Skill Focus" to make it give +3 instead of +2 and make the skill a class skill. I have a feat lst file with this:

            Skill Focus.MOD [tab] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1
            Skill Focus.MOD [tab] CHOOSE:COUNT=1|SKILLLIST|1

            But that does not seem to work.

            TIA,

            Jason

             elves_are_mortal@... wrote:

            --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:

            > I must have had the equal sign there and not the
            > colon. Because if I put "...|2|..." then it works
            > fine but "...|-2|..." does not work?
            > Sounds like a bug to me ...
            > -Jason

            Hi.

            Sorry if somebody's already answered this, but I think
            I know what you're going through.  Whenever you want
            to give penalties, don't give them a TYPE.  You can
            find more comments on this here:

            I believe this is what you were using:

            BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2|Type:LUCK

            Instead, try this:

            BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2

            That should work.

            Best of luck!

            /Mortal_Elf/

            Freelance List Elf
            Available upon Request
            (elves_are_mortal @ yahoo.com)
            [Soul unavailable for reaping.]

            Do You Yahoo!?

          • elves_are_mortal@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6 6:37 AM
              --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:
              > Any idea how I can make the feat modification for
              > "Skill Focus" to make it give +3 instead of +2 and
              > make the skill a class skill. I have a feat lst file
              > with this:
              >
              > Skill Focus.MOD [tab] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

              This worked fine for me. Just make sure whatever
              source you have this in gets loaded *after* the PHB
              does.

              However, if you *also* want the feat to make it a
              class skill, this should work:

              Skill Focus.MOD [TAB] CHOOSE:.CLEAR [TAB]
              CHOOSE:SKILLLIST|LIST [TAB] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

              I'm not actually sure if CHOOSE:.CLEAR is officially
              supported yet, but this feat DOES work with 2.7.3.

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 6 7:16 AM

                Thanks!

                I have 2.7.3 and I think I remember seeing it in the documentation, but why is the CHOOSE:.CLEAR needed? Also, you cannot have the .MOD twice on different lines?

                Just trying to understand this awesome tool.

                -Jason

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 6 7:42 AM
                  --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks!
                  > I have 2.7.3 and I think I remember seeing it in the
                  > documentation, but why is the CHOOSE:.CLEAR needed?

                  Skill Focus has a CHOOSE tag already that, after you
                  mod it, you won't need. It uses the CHOOSE:SKILLNAMED
                  tag, and that just lets you choose from skills the
                  feat author names. The CHOOSE:SKILLLIST tag makes
                  whatever skill you choose into a class skill. So, by
                  using CHOOSE:.CLEAR, we will remove the old,
                  unnecessary CHOOSE tag, leaving us room to add the new
                  one.

                  > Also, you cannot have the .MOD twice on different
                  > lines?

                  I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to
                  say. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before; you'll
                  *only* need this line in your mod file. You won't
                  need the other example I gave you.

                  Skill Focus.MOD [TAB] CHOOSE:.CLEAR [TAB]
                  CHOOSE:SKILLLIST|LIST [TAB] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

                  Note that this should only be on one line, in case
                  Yahoo! decides to throw in a carriage return.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 6 9:32 PM

                    I get this error on loading the file:

                    Cannot apply .MOD: Skill Focus not found

                    ??

                    -Jason