RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Save Penalties?

  • Mynex
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2002
      TYPE=Luck <--- Correct and good and all is right with the world

      TYPE:Luck <--- Bad JuJu Evil spirits will cause PCGen to crash...

      The : Is one of several types of symbols that are used in PCGen as
      separators...

      Mynex

      - #1 Evil Assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys
      - List files & Documentation Silverback
      - RPG Reviews Editor & Reviewer

        Did some playing and got some to work at least good enough to start.
        I am trying to create a custom magic item listing.  The ring grants
        a +3 to wisdom (BONUS:STAT|WIS|3 works) but gives a minus 2 to
        Reflex and Save (BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2|Type:LUCK) does
        not seem to work.
        Any ideas how to give a -2 for the throws?
        Note a +2 (BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|2|Type:LUCK) works fine.

        Thanks,
        Jason

        Do You Yahoo!?

      • Mynex

          Did some playing and got some to work at least good enough to start.
          I am trying to create a custom magic item listing.  The ring grants
          a +3 to wisdom (BONUS:STAT|WIS|3 works) but gives a minus 2 to
          Reflex and Save (BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2|Type:LUCK) does
          not seem to wor Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • elves_are_mortal@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5, 2002
            --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:

            > I must have had the equal sign there and not the
            > colon. Because if I put "...|2|..." then it works
            > fine but "...|-2|..." does not work?
            > Sounds like a bug to me ...
            > -Jason

            Hi.

            Sorry if somebody's already answered this, but I think
            I know what you're going through. Whenever you want
            to give penalties, don't give them a TYPE. You can
            find more comments on this here:

            I believe this is what you were using:

            BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2|Type:LUCK

            Instead, try this:

            BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex|-2

            That should work.

            Best of luck!

            /Mortal_Elf/

            Freelance List Elf
            Available upon Request
            (elves_are_mortal @ yahoo.com)
            [Soul unavailable for reaping.]

            http://health.yahoo.com
          • Jason Stripinis
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 5, 2002

              Thanks! That worked just fine and makes sense with the type comparison rule.

              Any idea how I can make the feat modification for "Skill Focus" to make it give +3 instead of +2 and make the skill a class skill. I have a feat lst file with this:

              Skill Focus.MOD [tab] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1
              Skill Focus.MOD [tab] CHOOSE:COUNT=1|SKILLLIST|1

              But that does not seem to work.

              TIA,

              Jason

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002
                --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:
                > Any idea how I can make the feat modification for
                > "Skill Focus" to make it give +3 instead of +2 and
                > make the skill a class skill. I have a feat lst file
                > with this:
                >
                > Skill Focus.MOD [tab] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

                This worked fine for me. Just make sure whatever
                source you have this in gets loaded *after* the PHB
                does.

                However, if you *also* want the feat to make it a
                class skill, this should work:

                Skill Focus.MOD [TAB] CHOOSE:.CLEAR [TAB]
                CHOOSE:SKILLLIST|LIST [TAB] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

                I'm not actually sure if CHOOSE:.CLEAR is officially
                supported yet, but this feat DOES work with 2.7.3.

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002

                  Thanks!

                  I have 2.7.3 and I think I remember seeing it in the documentation, but why is the CHOOSE:.CLEAR needed? Also, you cannot have the .MOD twice on different lines?

                  Just trying to understand this awesome tool.

                  -Jason

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002
                    --- Jason Stripinis <jstripinis@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks!
                    > I have 2.7.3 and I think I remember seeing it in the
                    > documentation, but why is the CHOOSE:.CLEAR needed?

                    Skill Focus has a CHOOSE tag already that, after you
                    mod it, you won't need. It uses the CHOOSE:SKILLNAMED
                    tag, and that just lets you choose from skills the
                    feat author names. The CHOOSE:SKILLLIST tag makes
                    whatever skill you choose into a class skill. So, by
                    using CHOOSE:.CLEAR, we will remove the old,
                    unnecessary CHOOSE tag, leaving us room to add the new
                    one.

                    > Also, you cannot have the .MOD twice on different
                    > lines?

                    I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to
                    say. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before; you'll
                    *only* need this line in your mod file. You won't
                    need the other example I gave you.

                    Skill Focus.MOD [TAB] CHOOSE:.CLEAR [TAB]
                    CHOOSE:SKILLLIST|LIST [TAB] BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

                    Note that this should only be on one line, in case
                    Yahoo! decides to throw in a carriage return.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002

                      I get this error on loading the file:

                      Cannot apply .MOD: Skill Focus not found

                      ??

                      -Jason