RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Help with templates ANYONE PLEASE!!!!!!!

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2003
      Don't use the internal lst editor. Do it by hand.

      As you've discovered, the lst editors do some things well and others not
      at all.

      Barak
      ~PCGen BoD
      ~OS Silverback

    • Michael Tucker
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2003
        On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 07:31 PM, ralstad2 wrote:

        > Ok im trying to add specific Half celestial templates such as the Half
        > Ghaele celestial.
        >
        > [snip]
        >
        > What am I doing wrong?
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > John

        As Barak pointed out, the LST editor doesn't handle spells in templates
        worth a darn. I ran into this same problem when I wanted to customize
        the Half Celestial template. The solution is: don't use the LST editor;
        do it yourself.

        In the <pcgen>/data/customsources directory, create a custom template
        file and a .pcc file that points to it. For example, I created a
        houserules.pcc and houserulesTemplates.lst file in that directory.
        Then, cut-and-paste the Half Celestial template (from the SRD files)
        into your custom templates file, and edit that to your heart's content.

        The next time you launch PCGen, it should "see" your new custom files;
        you should be able to select and load them, and then have access to
        your new templates.

        If you need more specific help, or would like to see a working example,
        feel free to write to me off list (since I've been down this road
        already).

        Yours,
        Java Kensai
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2003
          Thanks for the more in depth answer than mine Michael. :p

          I was in a rush last night and only realized this morning that my own
          answer could have been a *bit* more helpful than it was even if I was in
          a rush.

          Barak
          ~PCGen BoD
          ~OS Silverback