Help with templates ANYONE PLEASE!!!!!!!

  • ralstad2
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2003
      Ok im trying to add specific Half celestial templates such as the Half
      Ghaele celestial.

      Now the problem I go and copy the half-celestial file to modify it
      (using the half celestial template as base) I then modify the things I
      want to change and save the problem then showes its ugly head all the
      innate spells that are listed in the half celestial are now seperated
      just before the PRELEVEL qualifier. It looks sort of like this.

      this is what it looks like before the save. (just a few lines)
      SPELL:Aid|1|Innate|PRELEVEL:1|PRESTAT;1,INT=8,WIS8
      SPELL:Bless|1|Innate|PRELEVEL:1|PRESTAT;1,INT=8,WIS8
      SPELL:Cure Serious Wounds|5|Innate|PRELEVEL:1|PRESTAT;1,INT=8,WIS8

      Here is what it looks like after the save.
      SPELL:Aid|1|Innate
      SPELL:Bless|1|Innate
      SPELL:Cure Serious Wounds|5|Innate
      SPELL:PRELEVEL:1|PRESTAT;1,INT=8,WIS8|Innate
      SPELL:PRELEVEL:1|PRESTAT;1,INT=8,WIS8|Innate
      SPELL:PRELEVEL:1|PRESTAT;1,INT=8,WIS8|Innate

      What am I doing wrong?

      Any suggestions?

      John
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2003
        Don't use the internal lst editor. Do it by hand.

        As you've discovered, the lst editors do some things well and others not
        at all.

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback

      • Michael Tucker
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2003
          On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 07:31 PM, ralstad2 wrote:

          > Ok im trying to add specific Half celestial templates such as the Half
          > Ghaele celestial.
          >
          > [snip]
          >
          > What am I doing wrong?
          >
          > Any suggestions?
          >
          > John

          As Barak pointed out, the LST editor doesn't handle spells in templates
          worth a darn. I ran into this same problem when I wanted to customize
          the Half Celestial template. The solution is: don't use the LST editor;
          do it yourself.

          In the <pcgen>/data/customsources directory, create a custom template
          file and a .pcc file that points to it. For example, I created a
          houserules.pcc and houserulesTemplates.lst file in that directory.
          Then, cut-and-paste the Half Celestial template (from the SRD files)
          into your custom templates file, and edit that to your heart's content.

          The next time you launch PCGen, it should "see" your new custom files;
          you should be able to select and load them, and then have access to
          your new templates.

          If you need more specific help, or would like to see a working example,
          feel free to write to me off list (since I've been down this road
          already).

          Yours,
          Java Kensai
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2003
            Thanks for the more in depth answer than mine Michael. :p

            I was in a rush last night and only realized this morning that my own
            answer could have been a *bit* more helpful than it was even if I was in
            a rush.

            Barak
            ~PCGen BoD
            ~OS Silverback