Re: Feat problem

  • Felipe F. Diniz
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
      That's not the same issue. Weapon Specialization can be taken by ANY
      weapon the char has weapon focus on. I need it to be taken on any
      RANGED weapon the char has weapon focus on.

      The code on Weapon Specialization only limits to having Weapon Focus
      or not, it does not limit on weapon type.

      Felipe
      - OSCM Gibbon

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
        Try CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus(TYPE.Ranged|1

        Not sure if it will work, but it might. :)

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Data SB and BoD

        > That's not the same issue. Weapon Specialization can be taken by ANY
        > weapon the char has weapon focus on. I need it to be taken on any
        > RANGED weapon the char has weapon focus on.
        >
        > The code on Weapon Specialization only limits to having Weapon Focus
        > or not, it does not limit on weapon type.
        >

        > Felipe
        > - OSCM Gibbon
      • Brad Franks
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
          Have you thought about TYPE=Ranged?

          Just a noobie airing his own thoughts...

          Brad Franks
          PCGen TM Lemur
          PCGen DOC Lemur

          <pgrosse@m...> wrote:
          > Look at the code for Weapon Specialization

        • Felipe F. Diniz
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 3, 2003
            Off course, but where?

            I tried these:

            CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus(TYPE=Ranged)
            CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus(TYPE.Ranged)
            CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus (TYPE=Ranged)
            CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus (TYPE.Ranged)
            CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus|TYPE=Ranged
            CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus|TYPE.Ranged)

            and none worked. To test this, my char has Weapon Focus on Longbow
            and Battleaxe. Either it shows both weapons, or it shows neither.

            I also tested using it on the ADD:FEAT statement, like this:

            ADD:FEAT(MyFeat(TYPE=Ranged))

            but it didn't split up the ranged weapons, jst showed TYPE=Ranged as
            is.

            Felipe
            - OSCM Gibbon

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Franks"
            <bfranks@d...> wrote:
            > Have you thought about TYPE=Ranged?
            >
            > Just a noobie airing his own thoughts...
            >
            > Brad Franks
            > PCGen TM Lemur
            > PCGen DOC Lemur

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Felipe F. Diniz
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 4, 2003
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Felipe F. Diniz"
              <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > I have a feat that have to choose between any ranged weapon the
              char
              > has weapon focus on. How can i do that?
              >
              > Any help would be appreciated.
              >

              > Felipe
              > - OSCM Gibbon

              Bumping.

              Just a note. This is not the same as Weapon Specialization, because i
              can choose a ranged weapon to specialize, but i can't choose a ranged
              weapon to apply my feat on. It must be a ranged weapon the char was
              focus on.

              Anyone? Pleeeeease.....

              Felipe
              - OSCM Gibbon
            • Barak
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 4, 2003
                I don't think there's a way to make the program restrict it like that.
                SOP on something like this in the past has been to code it as something
                like this:

                PREFEAT:1,Weapon Focus
                PRETEXT:Wepon Focus must be with a ranged weapon

                Barak
                ~PCGen BoD
                ~OS Silverback

              • Felipe F. Diniz
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 4, 2003
                  What i really need is a chooser. I can do
                  CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|FEAT=Weapon Focus but i can limit it no further
                  than this. If it's not possible to limit on the chooser, maybe i can
                  limit it on the bonus. It's a bonus to CRITMULT, like this:

                  BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITMULT|1

                  Would there be any PRE that i could put here to make this bonus only
                  apply if the chosen proficiency is ranged?

                  Felipe
                  - OSCM Gibbon