RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Feat problem

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
      Look at the code for Weapon Specialization

      Lexmark
      > Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the
      > US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/sfVplB/TM

    • Felipe F. Diniz
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
        That's not the same issue. Weapon Specialization can be taken by ANY
        weapon the char has weapon focus on. I need it to be taken on any
        RANGED weapon the char has weapon focus on.

        The code on Weapon Specialization only limits to having Weapon Focus
        or not, it does not limit on weapon type.

        Felipe
        - OSCM Gibbon

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
          Try CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus(TYPE.Ranged|1

          Not sure if it will work, but it might. :)

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen Data SB and BoD

          > That's not the same issue. Weapon Specialization can be taken by ANY
          > weapon the char has weapon focus on. I need it to be taken on any
          > RANGED weapon the char has weapon focus on.
          >
          > The code on Weapon Specialization only limits to having Weapon Focus
          > or not, it does not limit on weapon type.
          >

          > Felipe
          > - OSCM Gibbon
        • Brad Franks
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
            Have you thought about TYPE=Ranged?

            Just a noobie airing his own thoughts...

            Brad Franks
            PCGen TM Lemur
            PCGen DOC Lemur

            <pgrosse@m...> wrote:
            > Look at the code for Weapon Specialization

          • Felipe F. Diniz
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 3, 2003
              Off course, but where?

              I tried these:

              CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus(TYPE=Ranged)
              CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus(TYPE.Ranged)
              CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus (TYPE=Ranged)
              CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus (TYPE.Ranged)
              CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus|TYPE=Ranged
              CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus|TYPE.Ranged)

              and none worked. To test this, my char has Weapon Focus on Longbow
              and Battleaxe. Either it shows both weapons, or it shows neither.

              I also tested using it on the ADD:FEAT statement, like this:

              ADD:FEAT(MyFeat(TYPE=Ranged))

              but it didn't split up the ranged weapons, jst showed TYPE=Ranged as
              is.

              Felipe
              - OSCM Gibbon

              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Franks"
              <bfranks@d...> wrote:
              > Have you thought about TYPE=Ranged?
              >
              > Just a noobie airing his own thoughts...
              >
              > Brad Franks
              > PCGen TM Lemur
              > PCGen DOC Lemur

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Felipe F. Diniz
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 4, 2003
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Felipe F. Diniz"
                <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > I have a feat that have to choose between any ranged weapon the
                char
                > has weapon focus on. How can i do that?
                >
                > Any help would be appreciated.
                >

                > Felipe
                > - OSCM Gibbon

                Bumping.

                Just a note. This is not the same as Weapon Specialization, because i
                can choose a ranged weapon to specialize, but i can't choose a ranged
                weapon to apply my feat on. It must be a ranged weapon the char was
                focus on.

                Anyone? Pleeeeease.....

                Felipe
                - OSCM Gibbon
              • Barak
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 4, 2003
                  I don't think there's a way to make the program restrict it like that.
                  SOP on something like this in the past has been to code it as something
                  like this:

                  PREFEAT:1,Weapon Focus
                  PRETEXT:Wepon Focus must be with a ranged weapon

                  Barak
                  ~PCGen BoD
                  ~OS Silverback

                • Felipe F. Diniz
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 4, 2003
                    What i really need is a chooser. I can do
                    CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|FEAT=Weapon Focus but i can limit it no further
                    than this. If it's not possible to limit on the chooser, maybe i can
                    limit it on the bonus. It's a bonus to CRITMULT, like this:

                    BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITMULT|1

                    Would there be any PRE that i could put here to make this bonus only
                    apply if the chosen proficiency is ranged?

                    Felipe
                    - OSCM Gibbon