Feat problem

  • Felipe F. Diniz
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003

      I have a feat that have to choose between any ranged weapon the char
      has weapon focus on. How can i do that?

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Felipe
      - OSCM Gibbon
    • Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
        Look at the code for Weapon Specialization

        Lexmark
        > Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the
        > US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/sfVplB/TM

      • Felipe F. Diniz
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
          That's not the same issue. Weapon Specialization can be taken by ANY
          weapon the char has weapon focus on. I need it to be taken on any
          RANGED weapon the char has weapon focus on.

          The code on Weapon Specialization only limits to having Weapon Focus
          or not, it does not limit on weapon type.

          Felipe
          - OSCM Gibbon

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"

          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
            Try CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus(TYPE.Ranged|1

            Not sure if it will work, but it might. :)

            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen Data SB and BoD

            > That's not the same issue. Weapon Specialization can be taken by ANY
            > weapon the char has weapon focus on. I need it to be taken on any
            > RANGED weapon the char has weapon focus on.
            >
            > The code on Weapon Specialization only limits to having Weapon Focus
            > or not, it does not limit on weapon type.
            >

            > Felipe
            > - OSCM Gibbon
          • Brad Franks
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 2, 2003
              Have you thought about TYPE=Ranged?

              Just a noobie airing his own thoughts...

              Brad Franks
              PCGen TM Lemur
              PCGen DOC Lemur

              <pgrosse@m...> wrote:
              > Look at the code for Weapon Specialization

            • Felipe F. Diniz
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 3, 2003
                Off course, but where?

                I tried these:

                CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus(TYPE=Ranged)
                CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus(TYPE.Ranged)
                CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus (TYPE=Ranged)
                CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus (TYPE.Ranged)
                CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus|TYPE=Ranged
                CHOOSE:FEAT=Weapon Focus|TYPE.Ranged)

                and none worked. To test this, my char has Weapon Focus on Longbow
                and Battleaxe. Either it shows both weapons, or it shows neither.

                I also tested using it on the ADD:FEAT statement, like this:

                ADD:FEAT(MyFeat(TYPE=Ranged))

                but it didn't split up the ranged weapons, jst showed TYPE=Ranged as
                is.

                Felipe
                - OSCM Gibbon

                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Franks"
                <bfranks@d...> wrote:
                > Have you thought about TYPE=Ranged?
                >
                > Just a noobie airing his own thoughts...
                >
                > Brad Franks
                > PCGen TM Lemur
                > PCGen DOC Lemur

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              • Felipe F. Diniz
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 4, 2003
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Felipe F. Diniz"
                  <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > I have a feat that have to choose between any ranged weapon the
                  char
                  > has weapon focus on. How can i do that?
                  >
                  > Any help would be appreciated.
                  >

                  > Felipe
                  > - OSCM Gibbon

                  Bumping.

                  Just a note. This is not the same as Weapon Specialization, because i
                  can choose a ranged weapon to specialize, but i can't choose a ranged
                  weapon to apply my feat on. It must be a ranged weapon the char was
                  focus on.

                  Anyone? Pleeeeease.....

                  Felipe
                  - OSCM Gibbon
                • Barak
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 4, 2003
                    I don't think there's a way to make the program restrict it like that.
                    SOP on something like this in the past has been to code it as something
                    like this:

                    PREFEAT:1,Weapon Focus
                    PRETEXT:Wepon Focus must be with a ranged weapon

                    Barak
                    ~PCGen BoD
                    ~OS Silverback

                  • Felipe F. Diniz
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 4, 2003
                      What i really need is a chooser. I can do
                      CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|FEAT=Weapon Focus but i can limit it no further
                      than this. If it's not possible to limit on the chooser, maybe i can
                      limit it on the bonus. It's a bonus to CRITMULT, like this:

                      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITMULT|1

                      Would there be any PRE that i could put here to make this bonus only
                      apply if the chosen proficiency is ranged?

                      Felipe
                      - OSCM Gibbon