Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Updating source Info

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      Paul W. King wrote:
      >>http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/ is where you will find the
      >>closed source data sets.
      >

      > That covers the WotC closed-content books, yes. However, Mongoose
      > is a d20 publisher. I honestly don't know if they've been
      > approached or not...I know there were concerns (and I've raised them
      > as well) over their OGC declaration. The Rokugan material is
      > slightly tricky, as it launches from WotC closed-content. That
      > might be a CMP only thing, not sure though.

      Mongoose stuff will not be readded, AFAIK, untill Mongoose can get their
      act togeather and actually declare things OGC, rather than have an OGC
      declaration that has a huge loophole in it that suggests that in fact
      nothing is OGC...

      I'd like to think that Mongoose wouldn't use that loophole if we put
      their stuff in PCGen, but it wouldn't be my neck on the line if the
      chose to use it. Or my pocketbook that would be funding lawyers to fend
      them off.

      Soooo.... don't count on it.

      --
      Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
      GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.