RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Updating source Info

  • David
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      www.codemonkeypublishing.com is where you can ask these questions. The
      none OGL datasets (ie. all of the Forgotten Realms stuff) were removed.
      Code Monkey Publishing has worked a license with WoTC to publish, for a
      small fee, the IP material contained in the WoTC books.

      - david (aka Papa-DRB)
      Docs/Os Tracker Monkey

      > Can anybody just place a URL or something here with the details of
      > exactly where I can get hold of some of the other sources, Hopefully
      > the Mongoose stuff, oriental source book and the Forgotten Realm
      > Main book.
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
        > http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/ is where you will find the
        > closed source data sets.

        That covers the WotC closed-content books, yes. However, Mongoose
        is a d20 publisher. I honestly don't know if they've been
        approached or not...I know there were concerns (and I've raised them
        as well) over their OGC declaration. The Rokugan material is
        slightly tricky, as it launches from WotC closed-content. That
        might be a CMP only thing, not sure though.

        Paul W. King
        OGL SB and BoD
      • Emily Smirle
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
          Paul W. King wrote:
          >>http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/ is where you will find the
          >>closed source data sets.
          >

          > That covers the WotC closed-content books, yes. However, Mongoose
          > is a d20 publisher. I honestly don't know if they've been
          > approached or not...I know there were concerns (and I've raised them
          > as well) over their OGC declaration. The Rokugan material is
          > slightly tricky, as it launches from WotC closed-content. That
          > might be a CMP only thing, not sure though.

          Mongoose stuff will not be readded, AFAIK, untill Mongoose can get their
          act togeather and actually declare things OGC, rather than have an OGC
          declaration that has a huge loophole in it that suggests that in fact
          nothing is OGC...

          I'd like to think that Mongoose wouldn't use that loophole if we put
          their stuff in PCGen, but it wouldn't be my neck on the line if the
          chose to use it. Or my pocketbook that would be funding lawyers to fend
          them off.

          Soooo.... don't count on it.

          --
          Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
          GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.