Updating source Info

  • kalidorshorde
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi all,

      I've been using PCGEN for quite a while now and have only recently
      downloaded the more up to date D20 Compatible vertion, I've read
      through a few bits and peices about what has and has not been
      allowed to be converted into PCGen but am not sure exactly where to
      find any additional downloads that i can simply grab download and
      place it into my files.

      Can anybody just place a URL or something here with the details of
      exactly where I can get hold of some of the other sources, Hopefully
      the Mongoose stuff, oriental source book and the Forgotten Realm
      Main book.

      When downloading it did say it could be possible to find other
      sources but I am not sure which are legally allowed or if I'm saying
      something shocking here Lol.

      Thanks in Advance,

      James
    • Shane Molnar
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
        http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/ is where you will find the closed
        source data sets.

        Shane Molnar
        (a.k.a. LetohNereg)
        PCGen Doc Silverback
        PCGen BoD

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
          www.codemonkeypublishing.com is where you can ask these questions. The
          none OGL datasets (ie. all of the Forgotten Realms stuff) were removed.
          Code Monkey Publishing has worked a license with WoTC to publish, for a
          small fee, the IP material contained in the WoTC books.

          - david (aka Papa-DRB)
          Docs/Os Tracker Monkey

          > Can anybody just place a URL or something here with the details of
          > exactly where I can get hold of some of the other sources, Hopefully
          > the Mongoose stuff, oriental source book and the Forgotten Realm
          > Main book.
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
            > http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/ is where you will find the
            > closed source data sets.

            That covers the WotC closed-content books, yes. However, Mongoose
            is a d20 publisher. I honestly don't know if they've been
            approached or not...I know there were concerns (and I've raised them
            as well) over their OGC declaration. The Rokugan material is
            slightly tricky, as it launches from WotC closed-content. That
            might be a CMP only thing, not sure though.

            Paul W. King
            OGL SB and BoD
          • Emily Smirle
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
              Paul W. King wrote:
              >>http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/ is where you will find the
              >>closed source data sets.
              >

              > That covers the WotC closed-content books, yes. However, Mongoose
              > is a d20 publisher. I honestly don't know if they've been
              > approached or not...I know there were concerns (and I've raised them
              > as well) over their OGC declaration. The Rokugan material is
              > slightly tricky, as it launches from WotC closed-content. That
              > might be a CMP only thing, not sure though.

              Mongoose stuff will not be readded, AFAIK, untill Mongoose can get their
              act togeather and actually declare things OGC, rather than have an OGC
              declaration that has a huge loophole in it that suggests that in fact
              nothing is OGC...

              I'd like to think that Mongoose wouldn't use that loophole if we put
              their stuff in PCGen, but it wouldn't be my neck on the line if the
              chose to use it. Or my pocketbook that would be funding lawyers to fend
              them off.

              Soooo.... don't count on it.

              --
              Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
              GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.