Wheel of Time Stuff

  • keithcelt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2002
      Knoledgeable higher primates! I humbly request enlightenment.

      I have been playing with PCGen for a while, editing lists and such
      but I am stuck on several things in my new Wheel of Time campaign.
      Perhaps someone can shed some light/assist me with a few of them...

      1. The Algai'd'siswai in Wheel of Time (WoT) is supposed to
      gain "Uncanny Dodge (+2 vs. Traps)" on level 12, but only gets +1.
      I couldn't find a way to update this in PCGen. It appears that this
      problem and my second problem are inherent to the .jar file but I am
      not sure. I tried to write in the correct information using the SA
      key, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

      2. The Armsman in is supposed to have his defense bonus stack with
      his armor, unfortunately this does not APPEAR to happen. I cannot
      be sure if it happens or not, because there are no WoT specific
      output HTML or PDF files. I have to work with the Star Wars output
      files, which although similar are not the same. Is there any way to
      make this ability work? I have tried several things, but it gets
      cryptic really fast and never works for me.

      3. I noticed the Initiates weave progression is different from the
      one printed in my WoT setting book. I could not find any errata,
      but would not be suprised if it exists. If there is errata please
      point me to it, otherwise I will upload my updated classes.lst with
      the weave progression from my sourcebook.

      4. I really, really like the PDF output format for PCGen but there
      is not one for WoT. I read through the .fo file and kind of figured
      it out but don't know the correct tags to insert for the info I
      want, or how to properly manipulate the layout. I could fumble
      through it if someone could tell me the correct tags for Reputation,
      Handedness, Defense from Class, Defense from Armor, and Total
      Defense Score. Of course, if someone has already done the work
      please point me in the right direction.

      Sorry for my longwindedness, I appreciate the help.