trouble with the PROF: tag

  • silvarilon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2002
      Hi

      new poster, although I was a user of PCGEN long ago when it was all
      bright and shiny new :)

      recently I dug it out again...and in trying to make classes, I ran
      into problems with the PROF: tag

      the example in the help file is how to make a dwarven waraxe a
      martial weapon for dwarves (although it does not seem to be
      implemented in any code that I can find).

      I added in the line
      PROF:MARTIAL|Waraxe (Dwarven)

      to the races lst file for the dwarf...but the dwarven waraxe still
      appears as an exotic weapon when I make a dwarf

      does this tag not work? or has something else been put in place
      instead?

      I've included the full line for the dwarf below so you can see where
      I included it, incase that's the problem

      Thanks
      Tony

      Dwarf 0 0 2 0 0 -2
      Fighter 0 1 SIZE:M MOVE:20
      VISION:Darkvision (60') HEIGHT:M:45:2:4:0:F:43:2:4:0
      WEIGHT:M:130:2:6:F:100:2:6 AGE:40:3:6:5:6:7:6 AC:10
      LANGAUTO:Common,Dwarven
      LANGBONUS:Giant,Gnome,Goblin,Orc,Terran,Undercommon

      SOURCEPAGE:p.14 BONUS:SKILL|Craft
      (Armorsmithing),Craft (Blacksmithing),Craft (Stoneworking),Craft
      (Weaponsmithing)|2|TYPE=Racial PROF:MARTIAL|Waraxe (Dwarven)
      SA:Stonecunning,save +2 vs. poison,save +2 vs
      spells,+4 dodge vs giants,+1 to hit orcs/goblinoids,+2 on Appraise of
      stone/metal items,+2 on stone/metal Craft check
    • silvarilon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 22, 2002
        Nobody has any help with this?

        Is my question too unclear? Or would someone be able to tell me if
        this functionality is still supported, has been ditched, or is
        officially "not working yet"?

        Thanks!
        Tony