Re: [pcgen] [FREQ] Domain spells without the Domain ability and varying the number of Domain spells per day granted.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2002
      From: "Arcady" <arcady0@...>
      To: "PCgen" <pcgen@yahoogroups.com>; "PCGenListFileHelp"
      <PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2002 7:22 PM
      Subject: [pcgen] [FREQ] Domain spells without the Domain ability and varying
      the number of Domain spells per day granted.

      > I need to give a class bonus domain spells but not the Domain special
      ability.

      That would be a good one.. Maybe a tag like DOMAINSPELL and DOMAINABILITY
      that would give the two different aspects of the domain? Or perhaps:
      DOMAIN:.SPELL and DOMAIN:.ABILITY since we seem headed that way.

      > I also need to be able to give it 1 domain spell per level for some class
      and
      > spell levels, and 2 for others.

      Just list more than one spell in the classspell.lst line that you want more
      than 1 spell choice for the domain...

      Oh, wait... Limit by spell level and class... Strange Monkey time: Doable
      workaround: Create another Domain with just the second choice spells.. And
      a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE to some templates that have PRECLASS tags (thank goodness
      TEMPLATE:CHOOSE now does PREREQs) Each of those templates grants that
      secondary domain for the spell choice, and BONUS:DOMAINS|NUMBER|1 If some
      classes don't get the extra spells, you'll need a dummy template so they can
      get through the chooser.

      Some minor variation of that should do what you want.

      > As far as I can tell, this functionality does not yet exist.
      > If that is correct, this is a FREQ, if it is not, how do I do it?

      Good luck!

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
      Strange Monkey