Advice on coding random selection

  • Clint Howarth
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2002
      Hi, all.

      First, I haven't received a list message since May 27, and just verified
      that I am supposed to get individual messages delivered. The list hasn't
      slowed down. What's up?

      I'm listifying Armies of the Abyss by Green Ronin. They included a new base
      class that automatically gets random corruptions (like feats, taken from a
      list of 20) as a character increases in level. Furthermore, there is a new
      class-restricted feat that that allows some small guidance in which
      corruption gets taken (move random roll up one result or down one result).

      I understand how to tie feats to classes, but how the heck do I code this
      random stuff up? Should I eliminate the concept of randomness from the level
      up process and simply write all the corruptions as feats and have them popup
      as a feat selection (ADD:FEAT)? Is there another way to do this that doesn't
      use the feat selection? These aren't techincally feats, but behave very
      similarly, with each corruption possibly having other character effects,
      like reduced charisma.

      Thanks much.

      -Clint
    • Clint Howarth
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2002
        Hi again,

        I'm sorry to be a pain, but I've got this Armies of the Abyss data all coded
        up, and I'm just hanging on this one question. I'm also still attempting to
        get an answer from Green Ronin regarding Armies of the Abyss.

        Thanks very much.

        -Clint