Re: sos w/ template and BONUSFEATS:1

  • servantofthelady
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 5, 2003
      my fault, missed the template thing
      so from being blind in one oye, you are giving them an extra feat.

      not the feat named blind in one eye.
      I think you may have to define the type of FEAT
      so
      Blind In One Eye
      REMOVABLE:NO
      VISIBLE: YES
      BONUSFEATS:1,TYPE=General
      BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|-2|TYPE=Ranged
      BONUS:SKILL|Spot|-2

      The other variation may be
      ADD:FEAT(TYPE=General)

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Holmes"
      <ilawdog@j...> wrote:
      > Thanks for the response. I hope can answer your questions.
      >
      > I'm trying to create some options for characters to gain
      additional
      > feats at the time of character creation, so I thought I'd do that
      > with templates. Blind In One Eye is the name I used for the
      template
      > (so it'd be obvious what the problem is!).
      >
      > I want to make sure I can track it as DM without having to add to
      the
      > number of feats on the feat tab.
      >
      > Thanks again,
      > Chris
      >
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "servantofthelady"
      > <servantofthelady@y...> wrote:
      > > Chris,
      > > I believe you would first have to define the Feat,
      > > Blind In One Eye
      > > TYPE:General
      > > BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|-2|TYPE=Ranged
      > > BONUS:SKILL|Spot|-2
      > >
      > > The question is how is the Feat being added?
      > > Prestige Class?
      > > or is it something that just happens?
      > >
      > > ie. you can change the number of feats available on the feat tab
      > and
      > > then just select this feat.
      > > otherwise if it is from a class
      > > all you would need to do is modify the class:
      > > FEATAUTO:Blind In One Eye
      > > at the appropriate level
      > >

      > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Holmes"
      > > <ilawdog@j...> wrote:
      > > > ADD:FEAT,1 also did not work.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for trying though, I do appreciate it!
      > > >
      > > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"

      Canon or

    • Chris Holmes
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 5, 2003
        Thanks for the help! BONUSFEATS:1,TYPE=General did NOT work and
        created a PCGen error.

        HOWEVER, ADD:FEAT)TYPE=General) DID work.

        Thanks,

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 5, 2003
          Whoops.

          BONUSFEATS tag in templates.lst has been broken for a looooong time. It's
          there in the back of my head, but I don't think that really helps anybody.
          :p

          and it should be ADD:FEAT(TYPE=General)1

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen Data SB and BoD
        • Brad Franks
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 5, 2003
            Sounds a little like Hackmaster to me...?!?!

            Anyone considered doing a d20 conversion of Hackmaster?

            > I'm trying to create some options for characters to gain additional
            > feats at the time of character creation, so I thought I'd do that
            > with templates. Blind In One Eye is the name I used for the template
            > (so it'd be obvious what the problem is!).
          • tir_gwaith
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 6, 2003
              > Sounds a little like Hackmaster to me...?!?!
              >
              > Anyone considered doing a d20 conversion of Hackmaster?

              Hmm... "Anyone considered making a 3rd Edition D&D version of a
              spoof based on D&D 1st ed?"

              That just strikes me as funny. :)

              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen Data SB and BoD
            • Brad Franks
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 6, 2003
                Well actually... out of boredom with a sometimes weak DM with overpowered
                characters in portions of a module too easy... One of our players started an
                alternate campaign to play on our game nights.

                He selected Hackmaster for it's complete absurdity and it has been nothing
                but fun to play! It's actually more fun to roll up a character than it is to
                play the game!

                Brad