Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] How do I Migrate Custom from Ver. to Ver.? TIA

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
      Create it in the LST editor.....

      Then comes the tricky part: grabbing that info and making your own campaign
      dataset you migrate from version to version.

      That will have to be done with a text editor, and not the in-program LST
      Editors.

      Look in the docs, under LST Files > PCC and LST Files Explained

      That should give you a good basics. Any specific Q's after that, ask here
      again. :)

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD
    • Your Jerusalem Friend
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2003
        Message

        PCC (pcc) File – this is the extension used for the file that tells PCGen what list files to load, this is a text editable file.

        So, if I understand correctly, I made sure the filenames  of the files I want loaded are in this file, them drag and drop them from Ver. to Ver.?

        Once again, TIA.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2003
          Message
          As long as you follow the format (look at srd.pcc for that) for pcc files, then you are correct.  Just drag & drop the entire directory (for instance, I have a c:\pcgen\data\customsources\House Rules directory.  If I want to carry it on the the next version of pcgen, I take my House Rules directory and drag & drop it to the new c:\<pcgendir>\data\customsources) into the new installation.

          Hetter
          TM Lemur