How do I Migrate Custom from Ver. to Ver.? TIA

  • Dov Shmuel Freedman
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
      Bretheren, Greetings from a newbie.

      It seems to have fallen to me to keep our Cleric happy. She's heard
      of a Prestige class that strikes her fancy, and alas, it's not
      standard to PC-Gen.

      Now, if she's willing to put up with my doing things at my speed,
      I'll put the stuff into PC-Gen for her (I fear that it will need to
      be with more than a little help from you good folk), but NOT if it
      means that I have to do it again each and everytime I install a new
      version of PC-Gen.

      I'm under the impression that when I use the List editor, it
      generates a Custom file. Is it possible to Port/Migrate this
      information from Version to Version painlessly, perhaps even
      automatically?

      Thank you all most hugely in advance for thine good offices and
      assistance.

      Be well, God bless!!!
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
        Create it in the LST editor.....

        Then comes the tricky part: grabbing that info and making your own campaign
        dataset you migrate from version to version.

        That will have to be done with a text editor, and not the in-program LST
        Editors.

        Look in the docs, under LST Files > PCC and LST Files Explained

        That should give you a good basics. Any specific Q's after that, ask here
        again. :)

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Data SB and BoD
      • Your Jerusalem Friend
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2003
          Message

          PCC (pcc) File – this is the extension used for the file that tells PCGen what list files to load, this is a text editable file.

          So, if I understand correctly, I made sure the filenames  of the files I want loaded are in this file, them drag and drop them from Ver. to Ver.?

          Once again, TIA.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2003
            Message
            As long as you follow the format (look at srd.pcc for that) for pcc files, then you are correct.  Just drag & drop the entire directory (for instance, I have a c:\pcgen\data\customsources\House Rules directory.  If I want to carry it on the the next version of pcgen, I take my House Rules directory and drag & drop it to the new c:\<pcgendir>\data\customsources) into the new installation.

            Hetter
            TM Lemur