Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] [TM] [Space Monkey] Re: Formula question

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2 9:22 AM
      Thanks.
      Will be waiting for the Tag Mod to come through.
      VR

      > > > 1.How would I get a BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|<formula> to make BAB=TL?
      > > > (BAB=Fighter's BAB for total level)
      >
      > Ok, since we are trying to implement those kinds of things, I need to
      > make a Tag Modification request for Prettylst.pl. We need
      > TYPE=BAB.REPLACE on all BONUS:COMBAT|BAB| statements for classes.
      >
      > Then you could just do BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|TL|TYPE=BAB (no .REPLACE) and
      > make it take effect.....
      >
      > > > 2.How would I get a BONUS:STAT|STR|<formula> to make STR=18?
      >
      > You want a DEFINE:BASE.STR|18 or DEFINE:LOCK.STR|18 statement, since
      > you want to set the value, not adjust it.
      >
      > > > or should I be thinking non-BONUS about now?
      >
      > Only on the second one. :p
      >
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen Data SB and BoD
    • beaudoer
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6 1:19 PM
        At 2003-08-02 06:36, tir_gwaith wrote:
        > > 1.How would I get a BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|<formula> to make BAB=TL?
        > > (BAB=Fighter's BAB for total level)

        Ok, since we are trying to implement those kinds of things, I need to
        make a Tag Modification request for Prettylst.pl. We need
        TYPE=BAB.REPLACE on all BONUS:COMBAT|BAB| statements for classes.

        I've started working on this and I'm thinking, TYPE=BAB doesn't mean
        anything for a BONUS:COMBAT|BAB tag. It might even be misleading (why
        do I need a TYPE=BAB.Replace here and not there?, Why not in the
        EQUIPMENT files?)

        Also, BAB (being all capitals) is normally a reserved word and ppl
        might thing that TYPE=BAB is a reserve TYPE. This is not the case.
        While I'm at it, .REPLACE should be in all capital since it is a
        reserved word but that should probably be the subject for another
        change.

        Can we choose a more informative TYPE like Base or Natural or
        FromClasses ?

        I'm open for ideas but I really think that TYPE=BAB is bad.

        Best
        Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
        >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
        >> Attended the CMP party and remember everything.
        >> Proud donator for BD time in Klingon Jail.
        <mailto:beaudoer@...>
      • Mynex
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6 1:39 PM
          Actually I think Eric's suggestion of Base, Natural, (modified) Class is
          the better route to go.

          Eric, get with me and Tir in email about the specifics of this and we'll
          see if we can hammer out some solid, multi-function syntax.

          W. Robert Reed III
          Mynex
          - #1 Evil Monkey
          - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
          - El Mono Calvo Malvado

        • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6 6:57 PM

            When you all come up with something, send it to me for trackerisation, I'll assume @ this point I'm not to add anything.

            TM SB

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 6 11:48 PM
              Eric and I already discussed it, and I commented in the tracker. :)  We're good to go.  Eric hopes to have the switch made this next week.  He's on vacation at the moment, so it won'd be done immediately.  Enjoy your free time, Eric!

              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen Data SB and BoD