Funny nonproficiency penalties

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      Again with the wierd stuff...

      I need to give a set of weapons a different kind of nonproficiency
      penalty than the usual -4.

      It takes two feats to be fully proficient in this class of weapons. Feat
      A is a prerequisite of Feat B. If you have both, you have normal tohit
      chances. If you only have Feat A, you're at -6 to hit. If you have
      neither, you are at -8 to hit.

      I'm thinking something kinky with BONUS statements, like the "lack of
      equipment" penalties for Open Locks and similar ilk. Make sense?

      --
      Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
      GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        I think you are right on target with the BONUS. I'm not positive but I think
        the BONUS tag is global. You'll want to create new weapons using the lst
        editor or by hand and add BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|x to them. Use negative
        numbers for 'x' appropriately to give you the negatives you want.

        Look up the BONUS tag in the Docs under List Files - Global Tags - Bonus
        Tag.

        Good luck!

        Brad