Question on coding a quiver...

  • Kevin Colagio
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
      ...and yes, I know "arrows come in quivers"...but not in my realm. ;)

      I have created an item called a Quiver. This item holds 20 arrows or
      20 bolts. Here is the LST file entry:

      { Quiver
      TYPE:Goods.Container.Quiver
      COST:0.5
      WT:0.2
      CONTAINS:20|Arrow=20|Bolt=20 }

      If I have 20 arrows or 20 bolts (individually), then all is well in
      the realm as I can only put 20 of either one in the quiver.

      If I put 20 arrows in it, I can still put 20 bolts in it (for a total
      of 40 items).

      If I have "Arrows (20)", then I can put multiple sets into the quiver,
      making it so each quiver is holding 400 arrows (Quiver of Holding
      anyone?).

      Here are the valid things to go into the quiver:
      -- any combination of bolts or arrows for a total of 20.
      -- 1 set of "Arrows (20)".

      How can I code this correctly?

      Thanks.

      Kevin Colagio
    • Emily Smirle
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
        Kevin Colagio wrote:

        > Here are the valid things to go into the quiver:
        > -- any combination of bolts or arrows for a total of 20.

        Quiver
        TYPE:Goods.Container.Quiver
        COST:0.5
        WT:0.2
        CONTAINS:20|Arrow=20|Bolt=20|Total=20

        > -- 1 set of "Arrows (20)".

        Suggestion:

        Arrows (20).DELETE

        Problem solved. :)

        Arrows (20) is an archaic construct from back before you could
        right-click and buy/move 20 arrows at once.
        --
        Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
        GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle wrote:
          > Kevin Colagio wrote:
          >
          > > Here are the valid things to go into the quiver:
          > > -- any combination of bolts or arrows for a total of 20.
          > Quiver
          > TYPE:Goods.Container.Quiver
          > COST:0.5
          > WT:0.2
          > CONTAINS:20|Arrow=20|Bolt=20|Total=20

          Ahhhh....Total=20....that's what I was missing.

          > > -- 1 set of "Arrows (20)".
          >
          > Suggestion:
          > Arrows (20).DELETE
          > Problem solved. :)
          >
          > Arrows (20) is an archaic construct from back before you could
          > right-click and buy/move 20 arrows at once.

          Oh, and here I thought it was for buying a "set of 20 with a quiver"
          type of thing.... *shrug*

          So each individual arrow comes with a quiver now? *grin*

          Thanks for the info, can the "Arrows (20).DELETE" go in any of the
          loaded sources?

          Kevin Colagio
        • tir_gwaith
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
            You mean official release files? Possibly. I tend to be hard to
            move from a position I've taken, but I always listen to people's
            ideas (and often run them by Eric Beaudoin who has a radically
            different viewpoint than myself on a lot of issues.)

            Which sources were you looking to do that to? A customization PCC
            sort of thing, or some specific book? It needs to be in the SRD set
            since that is how the SRD actually lists them.

            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen Data SB and BoD

            > Thanks for the info, can the "Arrows (20).DELETE" go in any of the
            > loaded sources?
            >
            > Kevin Colagio
          • Kevin Colagio
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "tir_gwaith" wrote:

              > Which sources were you looking to do that to? A customization PCC
              > sort of thing, or some specific book? It needs to be in the SRD set
              > since that is how the SRD actually lists them.

              Actually, I'm fine with just removing them from my equipment lists
              (and the data sets I give out to my players).

              Ideally, if I can have it in my own LST file (kdcEquipment.lst) it
              would be great, but when I tried that, it didn't seem to work. I also
              tried it in the customsources data files and it didn't seem to work
              there. I'll be honest though and admit that I haven't read the docs
              on this tag...so I'll go look there (unless that's not going to be
              useful).

              I know I could just delete it from the LST file, but if I can have one
              of my sets remove it, that would be ideal (then I wouldn't have to try
              and remember all my mods later...).

              Thanks.

              Kevin Colagio

              > > Thanks for the info, can the "Arrows (20).DELETE" go in any of the
              > > loaded sources?
              > >
              > > Kevin Colagio
            • Kevin Colagio
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Pew wrote:
                > I think you've been led a bit astray. I don't think there is
                > a .DELETE tag. There is, however, a .FORGET tag that should
                > take care of things. In your custom equipment list, put
                > Arrows (20).FORGET, and they should be gone.

                That did work. Great. :)

                Thanks.

                And for anyone else wondering (and lurking), it can go in any of the
                loaded source files (I put it in my own equipment.lst file) and it
                took effect.

                Kevin Colagio
              • Benjamin Pew
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003