Limited shield proficiency...

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2003
      I'm writing up a prestige class that gets proficiency only in small
      wooden shields. Anyone have a clue as how to code that?

      I think you keep whatever shield proficiency you have going in to the
      class, but it only gives you "small wooden shields". :P
      --
      Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
      GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2003
        Shield Proficiency is currently hardcoded to a feat named 'Shield
        Proficiency'

        Since 3.5 has 2 different shield proficiencies, I asked DLM to develop a
        FReq along the same lines as AUTO:WEAPONPROF and AUTO:ARMORPROF for shields.
        This will become a P9 priority, so we can get the RSRD out. That should
        also be able to facilitate what you need. :)

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Data SB and BoD

        > I'm writing up a prestige class that gets proficiency only in small
        > wooden shields. Anyone have a clue as how to code that?
        >
        > I think you keep whatever shield proficiency you have going in to the
        > class, but it only gives you "small wooden shields". :P
        > --
        > Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
        > GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.
        > Watch out for the spikes.
      • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2003

          Please be aware there is an existing freq out there to deal with shield profs, would be worth looking at....

          FREQ 448759

          TM SB

          Shield Proficiency is currently hardcoded to a feat named 'Shield
          Proficiency'

          Since 3.5 has 2 different shield proficiencies, I asked DLM to develop a
          FReq along the same lines as AUTO:WEAPONPROF and AUTO:ARMORPROF for shields.
          This will become a P9 priority, so we can get the RSRD out.  That should
          also be able to facilitate what you need. :)

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen Data SB and BoD

          > I'm writing up a prestige class that gets proficiency only in small
          > wooden shields. Anyone have a clue as how to code that?
          >
          > I think you keep whatever shield proficiency you have going in to the
          > class, but it only gives you "small wooden shields". :P
          > --
          > Emily Smirle (jerril)            Beware, for my Axe
          > GMGen Princess             will cut you off at the knees.
          >                                Watch out for the spikes.

        • tir_gwaith
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
            That might be a whoops on my part.

            Um, Karianna, I think you need to walk me through the different
            outstanding trackers I need to look at again. :)

            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen Data SB and BoD

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)"