Racoon LST

  • Mark A. Magggard
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
      I am working on adding the Racoon to the familiar list and am having a
      bit of trouble with the race:racoon. I need to massage the skill
      information so forgive those errors. The problem I can't work around
      is the Stat information. When I load a new Racoon it does not
      incorporate the stat adjustments. What might I be doing wrong?

      ------------------------
      Raccoon
      SIZE:T
      MOVE:Walk,30
      REACH:0 VISION:Low-light
      PREALIGN:4
      BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Reflex|2|PREDEFAULTMONSTER:Y
      BONUS:SKILL|Hide,Move Silently|4
      BONUS:SKILL|Listen|3
      BONUS:SKILL|Spot, Swim|2
      BONUS:SKILLRANK|Hide,Move Silently|3
      BONUS:SKILLRANK|Listen,Spot|2|PREDEFAULTMONSTER:Y
      BONUS:STAT|STR|2
      BONUS:STAT|DEX|7
      BONUS:STAT|CON|4
      BONUS:STAT|WIS|2
      BONUS:STAT|CHA|-5
      CSKILL:Balance|Climb|Hide|Listen|Move Silently|Spot|Swim
      VFEAT:Weapon Finesse (Bite,Claw)
      LEGS:4
      HANDS:3
      NATURALATTACKS:Bite,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Bludgeoning.Piercing.Slashing,*1,1d4

      SA:Scent(Ex)
      HITDICE:1,8
      SKILLMULT:1
      MONSTERCLASS:Animal:1
      TYPE:Animal
      CR:1/3
      SOURCEPAGE:Dragon 280, p.61
    • lonbarnett1957
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
        I tried this and it worked fine. One NOTE... look for spaces before
        any of the tabs seperating tags. Also, add BONUS:STAT|INT|-8 in
        case someone want a pet rather than a familiar. This will also
        allow you to test by simply assigning the race to Raccoon.

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Mark A. Magggard"
        <maggard@a...> wrote:
        > I am working on adding the Racoon to the familiar list and am
        having a
        > bit of trouble with the race:racoon. I need to massage the skill
        > information so forgive those errors. The problem I can't work
        around
        > is the Stat information. When I load a new Racoon it does not
        > incorporate the stat adjustments. What might I be doing wrong?
        >

        > ------------------------
        > Raccoon
        > SIZE:T
        > MOVE:Walk,30
        > REACH:0 VISION:Low-light
        > PREALIGN:4
        > BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Reflex|2|PREDEFAULTMONSTER:Y
        > BONUS:SKILL|Hide,Move Silently|4
        > BONUS:SKILL|Listen|3
        > BONUS:SKILL|Spot, Swim|2
        > BONUS:SKILLRANK|Hide,Move Silently|3
        > BONUS:SKILLRANK|Listen,Spot|2|PREDEFAULTMONSTER:Y
        > BONUS:STAT|STR|2
        > BONUS:STAT|DEX|7
        > BONUS:STAT|CON|4
        > BONUS:STAT|WIS|2
        > BONUS:STAT|CHA|-5
        > CSKILL:Balance|Climb|Hide|Listen|Move Silently|Spot|Swim
        > VFEAT:Weapon Finesse (Bite,Claw)
        > LEGS:4
        > HANDS:3

        NATURALATTACKS:Bite,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Bludgeoning.Piercing.Slashin
        g,*1,1d4

        > SA:Scent(Ex)
        > HITDICE:1,8
        > SKILLMULT:1
        > MONSTERCLASS:Animal:1
        > TYPE:Animal
        > CR:1/3
        > SOURCEPAGE:Dragon 280, p.61
      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003

          > I am working on adding the Racoon to the familiar list and am having
          > bit of trouble with the race:racoon. I need to massage the skill
          > information so forgive those errors. The problem I can't work
          around
          > is the Stat information. When I load a new Racoon it does not
          > incorporate the stat adjustments. What might I be doing wrong?
          >

          > ------------------------

          Hmmm, Dire Awakened Monk Sorcerer Racoon :)
        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003

            > > I am working on adding the Raccoon to the familiar list and am
            having
            > > bit of trouble with the race:raccoon. I need to massage the skill
            > > information so forgive those errors. The problem I can't work
            > around
            > > is the Stat information. When I load a new Raccoon it does not
            > > incorporate the stat adjustments. What might I be doing wrong?
            > >

            > > ------------------------
            >
            > Hmmm, Dire Awakened Monk Sorcerer Raccoon :)

            Or should a raccoon get bonus to thieving skills if they are
            awakened?? :)

            Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
            PCGen OGL Gibbon
            ICQ: 14397299
            AO: Nylan
            Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

            "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race
            to keep all it's eggs in." - Robert Heinlein
          • Barak
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003

              Should be:
              BONUS:STAT|DEX|6
              BONUS:STAT|DEX|1|PREDEFAULTMONSTER:Y

              > BONUS:STAT|CHA|-5

              Should be:
              BONUS:STAT|CHA|-6
              BONUS:STAT|CHA|1|PREDEFAULTMONSTER:Y

              This will allow the race file to work properly for both a PC class and
              as a monster class.

              Barak
              ~ PCGen BoD
              ~ OS Silverback
            • tir_gwaith
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
                > ------------------------
                > Raccoon
                > SIZE:T
                <snip>
                > BONUS:STAT|STR|2
                > BONUS:STAT|DEX|7
                > BONUS:STAT|CON|4
                > BONUS:STAT|WIS|2
                > BONUS:STAT|CHA|-5

                That's a pretty strong Raccoon. More strength on average than a
                human?

                Tir Gwaith
                PCGen Data SB and BoD
              • Michael Tucker
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
                  On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 03:36 AM, tir_gwaith wrote:

                  >> ------------------------
                  >> Raccoon
                  >> SIZE:T
                  > <snip>
                  >> BONUS:STAT|STR|2
                  >> BONUS:STAT|DEX|7
                  >> BONUS:STAT|CON|4
                  >> BONUS:STAT|WIS|2
                  >> BONUS:STAT|CHA|-5
                  >
                  > That's a pretty strong Raccoon. More strength on average than a
                  > human?
                  >
                  > Tir Gwaith
                  > PCGen Data SB and BoD

                  I suspect that what he really wants is: