Dragonstar powered armor

  • Dan Young
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2002
      Hello. I've been attempting to patch up some flaws in the Dragonstar armor
      .lst file. Specifically, combat and assault hardsuits should give the
      wearer a flat 18 or 22 strength. The Starfarer's Guide isn't too clear, but
      I think that the armor might limit your score to that value while worn.

      In any case, is there a way to have a piece of equipment replace an
      attribute of the PC? I tried something like BONUS:STAT|STR|18-STR, except
      that STR in a formula is the strength bonus, not the actual score. Also,
      this kind of bonus seems to put the program in an infinite loop, causing the
      ability tab to become non-functional until the armor is unequipped or
      removed. BONUS:STAT|STR|(4-STR)*2 (to try and convert the difference in
      strength bonuses into a offset for the base score) has the same result. Has
      anyone had experience with this type of problem?

      Thanks,

      Dan