custom - proto.pdf

  • shawnsines
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
      As has been stated yes it is a prototype, and the layout may need a
      good deal of tweaking before we have completed it.. I will take any
      and all suggestions, and from them generate proto's 2,3,etc.. and I
      hope that then we as a group can decide on which format is the most
      user friendly and readable.

      I personally have done a little teaking to the layout over the older
      doc, moved a few sections because of the logic involved, and that is
      why I left the original TOC in there as well as the new one.

      I agree that the Variable descriptions are dry right now, but
      eventually they will be flushed out better. At this stage I think
      we're focusing on getting it re-written and formatted, and then we
      can do the editing and general readability stuff.

      Thank you very much for your feedback, and here's the next question
      I have: Should the Word format match the PDF? or should there be
      differences in the PDF such as indexed sections and Comments? I can
      easily do that and make the pages linked and indexed, much like the
      HTML, but as you can see in a more graphical format.

      Shawn
    • Mynex
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
        I was actually going to bring this up a bit later, but I like the pdf
        format (yes I know it's still rough)... the word.doc is just what I'm
        working in for now... when I'm done there will be no word version of the
        docs... only a plain txt, the pdf, and the HTML... whatever the final
        pdf version is, what the HTML version will use as well (just makes sense
        to me to have them match).. the plain text is just that, plain text, no
        screen shots (which will require a written walk through description of
        what the screen shot has)...

        Hope that made sense... ;)

        Mynex
        - Dark Sith Silverback Android, Dark Lord of the Docs, The Sleepless One
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • bd_92
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
          the plain text is just that, plain text, no
          > screen shots (which will require a written walk through description
          of
          > what the screen shot has)...
          >
          > Hope that made sense... ;)
          >
          > of Service.

          thats gonna be the tough part...although what kind of screenshots are
          we looking at?

          i apologize if i haven't updated anything...RL kept me busy..
        • shawnsines
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
            I would figure screenshots would be mainly for the interface/gui and
            menu setups.. for the character gen walkthru as well as the dmtools
            walkthru. Until the Gui can perform customization functions then
            that wouldn't be included in that document.

            Shawn

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
              We need screenshots for every screen, every possible function. ;) I
              would recommend reusing as many of them as possible (duh! I know. ;p)
              But some of the things we can crop the images to just the nesc part..
              like some of the menu options, no need for the whole screen there...