Weapon TYPE question

  • jojo_starfinder
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2002
      Hello all:

      I dont know if this question goes here or the main pcgen yahoogroup.
      So I will ask here first.

      I am going through the dragonstar datafiles and getting them setup
      correctly since they are not currently implemented right.

      The weapons from the SFHB have a weapon TYPE of High-Tech.

      There is an additional -4 penalty to use thee items beyond the
      standard non-prof use from d&d unless you have the technical prof
      feat.

      From the SFHB"

      "If you use a weapon with which you are not proficient with, you
      suffer a -4 penalty on attack rolls. In addition to a specific
      weapon proficiency feat, characters must have the Technical
      Proficiency feat to use high-tech weapons. If you do not have the
      Technical Proficiency feat, you suffer a -4 penalty on attack rolls.
      This penalty stacks with the standard non-proficiency penalty. For
      example, a wizard without the Techincal Proficiency feat attempting
      to use an assult laser (martial weapon) would suffer a -8 penalty on
      attack rolls."

      Using the example above with the assult laser a fighter without the
      Technical Proficiency feat would only suffer a -4 penalty on attack
      rolls. Since the assult laser is a martial type weapon and fighters
      have Martial Weapon proficiency he does not recieve the standard non-
      proficiency penalty but only the penalty for not having the
      Technical Proficiency feat.

      One more example just to clarify a bit more: The same wizard from
      the books example but he DOES have the Technical Proficiency feat.
      Firing that same assult laser would only give him the standard -4
      penalty for non-proficiency. In this case a martial weapon.

      So what I need to do is assign to the weapon TYPE "High-Tech" a -4
      penalty on attacks. Then make the Technical Proficiency feat remove
      this penalty if it is taken.

      And that brings me to my question: How do I do this? I looked over
      the customise html file but am at a loss to figure this out.