Re: [pcgen] Help! LST file editing questions...

  • magus1972
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "magus1972" <slebeau@r...>
      wrote:
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric Beaudoin
      > <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
      > > At 10:34 2003.07.04, magus1972 wrote:
      > > >Hello,
      > > >
      > > >I'm trying to do two things:
      > > >
      > > >A) Our DM has decided that all characters in his campaign have
      > bonus
      > > >hit points equal to half of their starting constitution score.
      > So a
      > > >character with a CON of say, 21, would get 10 bonus HP (round
      > > >down). This is a one time only bonus, and is not subject to
      > change,
      > > >should the character's CON stat change.
      > > >
      > > >I have the following as a custom feat:
      > > >
      > > >Campaign HP Bonus TYPE:General
      BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON/2
      > > > COST:0
      > > >
      > > >Only problem is, it changes as my CON does, and its using the
      CON
      > > >bonus, and not the score, to calculate.
      > >
      > > I would go with EQUIPEMENT rather then FEAT for that. Just make
      > equipement that gives +1 hp with a 0 weight and equip the number
      you
      > need to get the total hp.
      > >
      > > You sould also do it with a template but you would have to
      create
      > a good number of them: +1 hp, +2 hp, +3 hp, etc.
      >
      > Ok, that may be an option. But, my DM has just informed me that
      the
      > 1/2 CON HP bonus DOES in fact change along with your CON stat.
      > There must be some way to reference the current CON score, rather
      > than the CON bonus?

      Ok, so I'm an idiot. A friend pointed out to me that if I use:

      BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON+5

      It will always be correct. Due to the way the CON bonus is
      calculated, the math works out. Sorry for the trouble.

      Still can't seem to get that CSKILL to work though...

      Magus1972
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
        > Ok, that may be an option. But, my DM has just informed me that the
        > 1/2 CON HP bonus DOES in fact change along with your CON stat.
        > There must be some way to reference the current CON score, rather
        > than the CON bonus?

        <statnameasdefinedinGameMode>SCORE will get you the actual score of the
        stat in question

        For DnD gameMode:

        STR refers to the Strength modifier
        STRSCORE referst to the Strength Score.

        So you want CONSCORE

        > Ok, tried a custom template with the following:
        >
        > Herbalist CSKILL:Profession (Herbalist)
        >
        > And it's still not working...

        Herbalist[tab]CSKILL:Profession[space](Herbalist)

        I just got it to work for me. :p

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Data SB and BoD