Re: [pcgen] Help! LST file editing questions...

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
      At 10:34 2003.07.04, magus1972 wrote:
      >Hello,
      >
      >I'm trying to do two things:
      >
      >A) Our DM has decided that all characters in his campaign have bonus
      >hit points equal to half of their starting constitution score. So a
      >character with a CON of say, 21, would get 10 bonus HP (round
      >down). This is a one time only bonus, and is not subject to change,
      >should the character's CON stat change.
      >
      >I have the following as a custom feat:
      >
      >Campaign HP Bonus TYPE:General BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON/2
      > COST:0
      >
      >Only problem is, it changes as my CON does, and its using the CON
      >bonus, and not the score, to calculate.

      I would go with EQUIPEMENT rather then FEAT for that. Just make a equipement that gives +1 hp with a 0 weight and equip the number you need to get the total hp.

      You sould also do it with a template but you would have to create a good number of them: +1 hp, +2 hp, +3 hp, etc.

      >B) A fighter character in our campaign has Profession (herbalism) as
      >a Class Skill, due to upbringing. I've tried editing his PCG file
      >directly, with no success. I've also tried the following as a kit,
      >also with no success:
      >
      >STARTPACK:Herbalist
      >CSKILL:Profession (Herbalist)
      >
      >Please help!

      The Kit cannot be use to modify a class, only to do a "automatic" selection of things already available to that class.

      I beleive you can you a TEMPLATE to add new CSKILL and then you can add that template to any PC.

      Best

      √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • magus1972
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric Beaudoin
        <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
        > At 10:34 2003.07.04, magus1972 wrote:
        > >Hello,
        > >
        > >I'm trying to do two things:
        > >
        > >A) Our DM has decided that all characters in his campaign have
        bonus
        > >hit points equal to half of their starting constitution score.
        So a
        > >character with a CON of say, 21, would get 10 bonus HP (round
        > >down). This is a one time only bonus, and is not subject to
        change,
        > >should the character's CON stat change.
        > >
        > >I have the following as a custom feat:
        > >
        > >Campaign HP Bonus TYPE:General BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON/2
        > > COST:0
        > >
        > >Only problem is, it changes as my CON does, and its using the CON
        > >bonus, and not the score, to calculate.
        >
        > I would go with EQUIPEMENT rather then FEAT for that. Just make a
        equipement that gives +1 hp with a 0 weight and equip the number you
        need to get the total hp.

        > You sould also do it with a template but you would have to create
        a good number of them: +1 hp, +2 hp, +3 hp, etc.

        Ok, that may be an option. But, my DM has just informed me that the
        1/2 CON HP bonus DOES in fact change along with your CON stat.
        There must be some way to reference the current CON score, rather
        than the CON bonus?

        > >B) A fighter character in our campaign has Profession (herbalism)
        as
        > >a Class Skill, due to upbringing. I've tried editing his PCG
        file
        > >directly, with no success. I've also tried the following as a
        kit,
        > >also with no success:
        > >
        > >STARTPACK:Herbalist
        > >CSKILL:Profession (Herbalist)
        > >
        > >Please help!
        >
        > The Kit cannot be use to modify a class, only to do a "automatic"
        selection of things already available to that class.

        > I beleive you can you a TEMPLATE to add new CSKILL and then you
        can add that template to any PC.

        Ok, tried a custom template with the following:

        Herbalist CSKILL:Profession (Herbalist)

        And it's still not working...
      • magus1972
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "magus1972" <slebeau@r...>
          wrote:
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric Beaudoin
          > <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
          > > At 10:34 2003.07.04, magus1972 wrote:
          > > >Hello,
          > > >
          > > >I'm trying to do two things:
          > > >
          > > >A) Our DM has decided that all characters in his campaign have
          > bonus
          > > >hit points equal to half of their starting constitution score.
          > So a
          > > >character with a CON of say, 21, would get 10 bonus HP (round
          > > >down). This is a one time only bonus, and is not subject to
          > change,
          > > >should the character's CON stat change.
          > > >
          > > >I have the following as a custom feat:
          > > >
          > > >Campaign HP Bonus TYPE:General
          BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON/2
          > > > COST:0
          > > >
          > > >Only problem is, it changes as my CON does, and its using the
          CON
          > > >bonus, and not the score, to calculate.
          > >
          > > I would go with EQUIPEMENT rather then FEAT for that. Just make
          > equipement that gives +1 hp with a 0 weight and equip the number
          you
          > need to get the total hp.
          > >
          > > You sould also do it with a template but you would have to
          create
          > a good number of them: +1 hp, +2 hp, +3 hp, etc.
          >
          > Ok, that may be an option. But, my DM has just informed me that
          the
          > 1/2 CON HP bonus DOES in fact change along with your CON stat.
          > There must be some way to reference the current CON score, rather
          > than the CON bonus?

          Ok, so I'm an idiot. A friend pointed out to me that if I use:

          BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON+5

          It will always be correct. Due to the way the CON bonus is
          calculated, the math works out. Sorry for the trouble.

          Still can't seem to get that CSKILL to work though...

          Magus1972
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
            > Ok, that may be an option. But, my DM has just informed me that the
            > 1/2 CON HP bonus DOES in fact change along with your CON stat.
            > There must be some way to reference the current CON score, rather
            > than the CON bonus?

            <statnameasdefinedinGameMode>SCORE will get you the actual score of the
            stat in question

            For DnD gameMode:

            STR refers to the Strength modifier
            STRSCORE referst to the Strength Score.

            So you want CONSCORE

            > Ok, tried a custom template with the following:
            >
            > Herbalist CSKILL:Profession (Herbalist)
            >
            > And it's still not working...

            Herbalist[tab]CSKILL:Profession[space](Herbalist)

            I just got it to work for me. :p

            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen Data SB and BoD