custom- ssproto.pdf

  • bulldozer3ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002

      I just wanted to say that I read the custom- ssproto.pdf document.

      I really like it, but I have some comments:
      (I think it was posted because you wanted some comments.
      If not, well forget about this post...
      I am currently learning all the list part so I could be a good "beta-
      tester" for your documentation)

      First of all, there is a typo on Page 13: REQSKILL:UNTRIANED should
      be corrected.

      Could the "variable used" be of an other color or in a gray box or
      something ?
      I think it would help when reading big tables (to separate the
      variables from the examples).

      The first 10 pages are VERY well explained, but the explanations in
      the variables parts are sometimes very dry (I know this is a
      prototype, but just to make sure that it does not stay that way...)

      Just as a suggestion, in a future document, maybe a list file of
      standard class could be explained, to explain further more the tags.

      These comments are not to wine about this document, but only to give
      a new perspective to the person who is doing it.

      It is well done and IMO it does add some professionalism to PCGen
      (I don't know why or how a pdf does that, but is does...)

      Keep up the good work,
      Bulldozer
    • Mynex
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
        As you noted, it is a prototype. :) The pdf is taken from the
        customization document that's in rewrite, so all feedback is good,
        Thanks! :)

        Mynex
        - Dark Sith Silverback Android, Dark Lord of the Docs, The Sleepless One
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor