Sorcer Bonus Spells

  • eurosid
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
      So,

      We're playing with the idea of giving the Sorcerer the
      same bonus to Spells Known as he gets to Spells Cast.

      I have a custom class file where I put in these lines:

      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=1|
      (CHA+1)/2
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=2|
      (CHA)/2
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=3|(CHA-
      1)/2
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=4|(CHA-
      2)/2
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=5|(CHA-
      3)/2
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=6|(CHA-
      4)/2
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=7|(CHA-
      5)/2
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=8|(CHA-
      6)/2
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=9|(CHA-
      7)/2

      This sorta works. The problem is with the higer level spells, where
      for
      most characters this SUBTRACTS from known spells. Is there a way to
      make this work only when the BONUS would be positive? Is there an
      easier way to do this? Am I nuts?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
        <formula>MAX<formula2>

        Will take the greater of the two formulas.

        So...

        You could do ((CHA-6)/2)MAX0 which will return (CHA-6)/2 or 0, whichever is
        greater.

        That is how we do things for a stat 'Bonus' as opposed to a modifier. CHA
        refers to the Charisma modifier. CHAMAX0 refers to the Charisma bonus.

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Data SB and BoD
      • eurosid
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2003