RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Increasing critical multiplier

  • Patryk Adamski
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2003
      Barak,
      use this (this is a part of a hidden feat definition):

      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITMULTADD|1

      This is undocumented, but it works (for certain Bastion Press prestige
      class ability anyway).

      --
      Patryk Adamski (Ruemere)
      PcGen LST Gorilla
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
        Thanks Patryk!

        Worked like a charm.

        Barak
        ~ PCGen BoD
        ~ OS Silverback

      • Chris Holmes
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 8 6:58 AM
          I'd like to make that CRITMULTADD into an EQMOD, but it doesn't seem
          to work there.

          I tried BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1 but that doesn't appear to
          work. Anyone have any other ideas?

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Patryk Adamski"

        • frugal@purplewombat.co.uk
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 8 7:12 AM
            <quote who="Chris Holmes">
            > I'd like to make that CRITMULTADD into an EQMOD, but it doesn't seem
            > to work there.
            >
            > I tried BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1 but that doesn't appear to
            > work. Anyone have any other ideas?

            Have a look at the EQMOD for Keen. I know that it is for CRITRANGE, but
            the syntax _should_ follow.

            --
            regards,
            Frugal
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 9 7:40 PM
              I have tried:

              BONUS:WEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1
              BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1

              A feat that adds 1 to CRITMULTADD works, but I can't make it work
              with the item.

              Feat reads:

              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, frugal@p... wrote:

              > <quote who="Chris Holmes">
              > > I'd like to make that CRITMULTADD into an EQMOD, but it doesn't
              seem
              > > to work there.
              > >
              > > I tried BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1 but that doesn't appear to
              > > work. Anyone have any other ideas?
              >
              > Have a look at the EQMOD for Keen. I know that it is for CRITRANGE,
              but
              > the syntax _should_ follow.
              >
              > --
              > regards,
              > Frugal
              > -OS Gibbon
            • Brad Franks
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 9 9:55 PM
                Just to be sure (I may have missed a little bit of this thread...), have you
                tried:

                BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITRANGEADD|1

                This is per the docs (PCGen Documentation|List Files|Global Tags|Bonus Tag)
                and not copying (what may or may not be wrong) code from the LST files. This
                also assuming from what I gathered from your post that you want to increase
                the crit range of a weapon from a special ability applied to that weapon. I
                haven't tried this yet myself so I can't guarantee it will work.

                What other disclaimers do I need to add?

                :P

                Brad Franks
                PCGen TM/DOC Lemur

                > A feat that adds 1 to CRITMULTADD works, but I can't make it work
                > with the item.
                >
                > Feat reads:
                > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITMULTADD|1
                >
                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, frugal@p... wrote:
                > >
                > > <quote who="Chris Holmes">
                > > > I'd like to make that CRITMULTADD into an EQMOD, but it doesn't
                > seem
                > > > to work there.
                > > >
                > > > I tried BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1 but that doesn't appear to
                > > > work. Anyone have any other ideas?
                > >
                > > Have a look at the EQMOD for Keen. I know that it is for CRITRANGE,
                > but
                > > the syntax _should_ follow.
                > >
                > > --
                > > regards,
                > > Frugal
                > > -OS Gibbon

              • Chris Holmes
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 10 4:14 AM
                  CRITRANGE is no problem. THat works just fine. What I want to
                  modify is CRITMULT, and I found (through someone's post) that
                  CRITMULTADD is a functioning tag. It works with a feat, but not an
                  item.

                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Franks"
                  <bfranks@d...> wrote:
                  > Just to be sure (I may have missed a little bit of this thread...),
                  have you
                  > tried:
                  >
                  > BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITRANGEADD|1
                  >
                  > This is per the docs (PCGen Documentation|List Files|Global
                  Tags|Bonus Tag)
                  > and not copying (what may or may not be wrong) code from the LST
                  files. This
                  > also assuming from what I gathered from your post that you want to
                  increase
                  > the crit range of a weapon from a special ability applied to that
                  weapon. I
                  > haven't tried this yet myself so I can't guarantee it will work.
                  >
                  > What other disclaimers do I need to add?
                  >
                  > :P
                  >
                  > Brad Franks
                  > PCGen TM/DOC Lemur

                  EQMOD?