Adding bonus to spells based on a stat...?

  • Kevin Colagio
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2003
      I'm working on a new monster type and need to come up with a way for
      the monster to get the equivalent of +8 added to them, but only for
      spell effects (it should not show up on the sheet as that would really
      confuse me over time).

      Any suggestions on how to do this?

      Thanks.

      Kevin Colagio
    • Kevin Colagio
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2003
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Colagio" wrote:

        > I'm working on a new monster type and need to come up with a way for
        > the monster to get the equivalent of +8 added to them, but only for
        > spell effects (it should not show up on the sheet as that would really
        > confuse me over time).

        OK, I'm expanding what I am trying to define....here's the snippet
        from the description (self created, so it's NOT someone else's IP).

        "Gems pull (permanently) 5 points of Charisma from the host. Casters
        gain 8 Charisma points related to all casting effects. The 8-point
        gain does not change any outward appearance or perceptions of the
        host. Gems also remove 4 points from the hosts Dexterity and drop the
        Wisdom to 1."

        How would I code this in a template? I think it would be something
        along the lines of:

        BONUS:STAT|CHA|-5
        BONUS:STAT|DEX|-4

        But how do I do the spell effects and set the Wisdom to 1 (regardless
        of what it currently is at)?

        And if you are wondering, these are not nice gems to have. >:)

        Thanks.

        Kevin Colagio