[DOCS] Re: Increasing critical multiplier

  • krazhit
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2003
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
      > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=blah|CRITRANGEDOUBLE|1 works, so I was hoping
      > CRITMULT would too... Doesn't look like it does.

      Well If no one has the answer to this, someone will have to comb
      through the code. (Just wish I had the skills)

      Would it be a FREQ or a BUG?

      > > Also I am curious. Is it possible to affect the critical
      > > range/multiplier of a weapon TYPE via a BONUS statement?
      >
      > And I would dearly LOVE to be able to do it with a type instead of
      > by weaponprof... I'd have a lot less BONUS statements that way! :p

      Well there is always a FREQ :)

      Anyways a DOC Monkey needs to add CRITRANGE as a variable to the
      WEAPONPROF tag (Improved critical can be used as an example)
    • Patryk Adamski
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2003
        Barak,
        use this (this is a part of a hidden feat definition):

        BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITMULTADD|1

        This is undocumented, but it works (for certain Bastion Press prestige
        class ability anyway).

        --
        Patryk Adamski (Ruemere)
        PcGen LST Gorilla
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
          Thanks Patryk!

          Worked like a charm.

          Barak
          ~ PCGen BoD
          ~ OS Silverback

        • Chris Holmes
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 8, 2003
            I'd like to make that CRITMULTADD into an EQMOD, but it doesn't seem
            to work there.

            I tried BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1 but that doesn't appear to
            work. Anyone have any other ideas?

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Patryk Adamski"

          • frugal@purplewombat.co.uk
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 8, 2003
              <quote who="Chris Holmes">
              > I'd like to make that CRITMULTADD into an EQMOD, but it doesn't seem
              > to work there.
              >
              > I tried BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1 but that doesn't appear to
              > work. Anyone have any other ideas?

              Have a look at the EQMOD for Keen. I know that it is for CRITRANGE, but
              the syntax _should_ follow.

              --
              regards,
              Frugal
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 9, 2003
                I have tried:

                BONUS:WEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1
                BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1

                A feat that adds 1 to CRITMULTADD works, but I can't make it work
                with the item.

                Feat reads:

                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, frugal@p... wrote:

                > <quote who="Chris Holmes">
                > > I'd like to make that CRITMULTADD into an EQMOD, but it doesn't
                seem
                > > to work there.
                > >
                > > I tried BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1 but that doesn't appear to
                > > work. Anyone have any other ideas?
                >
                > Have a look at the EQMOD for Keen. I know that it is for CRITRANGE,
                but
                > the syntax _should_ follow.
                >
                > --
                > regards,
                > Frugal
                > -OS Gibbon
              • Brad Franks
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 9, 2003
                  Just to be sure (I may have missed a little bit of this thread...), have you
                  tried:

                  BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITRANGEADD|1

                  This is per the docs (PCGen Documentation|List Files|Global Tags|Bonus Tag)
                  and not copying (what may or may not be wrong) code from the LST files. This
                  also assuming from what I gathered from your post that you want to increase
                  the crit range of a weapon from a special ability applied to that weapon. I
                  haven't tried this yet myself so I can't guarantee it will work.

                  What other disclaimers do I need to add?

                  :P

                  Brad Franks
                  PCGen TM/DOC Lemur

                  > A feat that adds 1 to CRITMULTADD works, but I can't make it work
                  > with the item.
                  >
                  > Feat reads:
                  > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITMULTADD|1
                  >
                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, frugal@p... wrote:
                  > >
                  > > <quote who="Chris Holmes">
                  > > > I'd like to make that CRITMULTADD into an EQMOD, but it doesn't
                  > seem
                  > > > to work there.
                  > > >
                  > > > I tried BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1 but that doesn't appear to
                  > > > work. Anyone have any other ideas?
                  > >
                  > > Have a look at the EQMOD for Keen. I know that it is for CRITRANGE,
                  > but
                  > > the syntax _should_ follow.
                  > >
                  > > --
                  > > regards,
                  > > Frugal
                  > > -OS Gibbon

                • Chris Holmes
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 10, 2003
                    CRITRANGE is no problem. THat works just fine. What I want to
                    modify is CRITMULT, and I found (through someone's post) that
                    CRITMULTADD is a functioning tag. It works with a feat, but not an
                    item.

                    --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Franks"
                    <bfranks@d...> wrote:
                    > Just to be sure (I may have missed a little bit of this thread...),
                    have you
                    > tried:
                    >
                    > BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITRANGEADD|1
                    >
                    > This is per the docs (PCGen Documentation|List Files|Global
                    Tags|Bonus Tag)
                    > and not copying (what may or may not be wrong) code from the LST
                    files. This
                    > also assuming from what I gathered from your post that you want to
                    increase
                    > the crit range of a weapon from a special ability applied to that
                    weapon. I
                    > haven't tried this yet myself so I can't guarantee it will work.
                    >
                    > What other disclaimers do I need to add?
                    >
                    > :P
                    >
                    > Brad Franks
                    > PCGen TM/DOC Lemur

                    EQMOD?