Increasing critical multiplier

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 12 , May 30 7:50 PM
      Does anyone know how to increase the damage multiplier of a weapon via a
      feat?

      I'm thinking something like BONUS:WEAPONPROF=blah|CRITMULT...

      But I've tried several combinations and none of them seem to affect the
      multiplier.

      Any ideas?

      Barak
      ~PCGen BoD
      ~OS Silverback
    • hetter1971
      Message 2 of 12 , May 31 1:26 AM
        Look in the srdfeats.lst for improved critical. That should give you
        all the information you need.

        Duke

        > Does anyone know how to increase the damage multiplier of a weapon via a
        > feat?
        >
        > I'm thinking something like BONUS:WEAPONPROF=blah|CRITMULT...
        >
        > But I've tried several combinations and none of them seem to affect the
        > multiplier.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > Barak
        > ~PCGen BoD
        > ~OS Silverback
      • krazhit
        Message 3 of 12 , May 31 5:02 AM
          Well strictly speaking, these are two separate things, although the
          syntax may be the same.

          But otoh there is no mention of CRITxxx as valid BONUS variables for
          the WEAPON and WEAPONPROF tags in the docs, it might be worthwhile to
          add both CRITMULT and CRITRANGE in there.

          Also I am curious. Is it possible to affect the critical
          range/multiplier of a weapon TYPE via a BONUS statement?

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "hetter1971"
          <hetter71@j...> wrote:
          > Look in the srdfeats.lst for improved critical. That should give
          you
          > all the information you need.
          >
          > Duke
          >
          > > Does anyone know how to increase the damage multiplier of a
          weapon via a
          > > feat?
          > >
          > > I'm thinking something like BONUS:WEAPONPROF=blah|CRITMULT...
          > >
          > > But I've tried several combinations and none of them seem to
          affect the
          > > multiplier.
          > >
          > > Any ideas?
          > >
          > > Barak
          > > ~PCGen BoD
          > > ~OS Silverback
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 12 , May 31 5:59 AM
            > From: krazhit [mailto:here@...]
            >
            > Well strictly speaking, these are two separate things, although the
            > syntax may be the same.
            >
            > But otoh there is no mention of CRITxxx as valid BONUS variables for
            > the WEAPON and WEAPONPROF tags in the docs, it might be worthwhile to
            > add both CRITMULT and CRITRANGE in there.

            BONUS:WEAPONPROF=blah|CRITRANGEDOUBLE|1 works, so I was hoping CRITMULT
            would too... Doesn't look like it does.

            > Also I am curious. Is it possible to affect the critical
            > range/multiplier of a weapon TYPE via a BONUS statement?

            And I would dearly LOVE to be able to do it with a type instead of by
            weaponprof... I'd have a lot less BONUS statements that way! :p

            Barak
          • krazhit
            Message 5 of 12 , May 31 9:19 AM
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
              > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=blah|CRITRANGEDOUBLE|1 works, so I was hoping
              > CRITMULT would too... Doesn't look like it does.

              Well If no one has the answer to this, someone will have to comb
              through the code. (Just wish I had the skills)

              Would it be a FREQ or a BUG?

              > > Also I am curious. Is it possible to affect the critical
              > > range/multiplier of a weapon TYPE via a BONUS statement?
              >
              > And I would dearly LOVE to be able to do it with a type instead of
              > by weaponprof... I'd have a lot less BONUS statements that way! :p

              Well there is always a FREQ :)

              Anyways a DOC Monkey needs to add CRITRANGE as a variable to the
              WEAPONPROF tag (Improved critical can be used as an example)
            • Patryk Adamski
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 1, 2003
                Barak,
                use this (this is a part of a hidden feat definition):

                BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITMULTADD|1

                This is undocumented, but it works (for certain Bastion Press prestige
                class ability anyway).

                --
                Patryk Adamski (Ruemere)
                PcGen LST Gorilla
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
                  Thanks Patryk!

                  Worked like a charm.

                  Barak
                  ~ PCGen BoD
                  ~ OS Silverback

                • Chris Holmes
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 2003
                    I'd like to make that CRITMULTADD into an EQMOD, but it doesn't seem
                    to work there.

                    I tried BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1 but that doesn't appear to
                    work. Anyone have any other ideas?

                    --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Patryk Adamski"

                  • frugal@purplewombat.co.uk
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 8, 2003
                      <quote who="Chris Holmes">
                      > I'd like to make that CRITMULTADD into an EQMOD, but it doesn't seem
                      > to work there.
                      >
                      > I tried BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1 but that doesn't appear to
                      > work. Anyone have any other ideas?

                      Have a look at the EQMOD for Keen. I know that it is for CRITRANGE, but
                      the syntax _should_ follow.

                      --
                      regards,
                      Frugal
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 9, 2003
                        I have tried:

                        BONUS:WEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1
                        BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1

                        A feat that adds 1 to CRITMULTADD works, but I can't make it work
                        with the item.

                        Feat reads:

                        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, frugal@p... wrote:

                        > <quote who="Chris Holmes">
                        > > I'd like to make that CRITMULTADD into an EQMOD, but it doesn't
                        seem
                        > > to work there.
                        > >
                        > > I tried BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1 but that doesn't appear to
                        > > work. Anyone have any other ideas?
                        >
                        > Have a look at the EQMOD for Keen. I know that it is for CRITRANGE,
                        but
                        > the syntax _should_ follow.
                        >
                        > --
                        > regards,
                        > Frugal
                        > -OS Gibbon
                      • Brad Franks
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 9, 2003
                          Just to be sure (I may have missed a little bit of this thread...), have you
                          tried:

                          BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITRANGEADD|1

                          This is per the docs (PCGen Documentation|List Files|Global Tags|Bonus Tag)
                          and not copying (what may or may not be wrong) code from the LST files. This
                          also assuming from what I gathered from your post that you want to increase
                          the crit range of a weapon from a special ability applied to that weapon. I
                          haven't tried this yet myself so I can't guarantee it will work.

                          What other disclaimers do I need to add?

                          :P

                          Brad Franks
                          PCGen TM/DOC Lemur

                          > A feat that adds 1 to CRITMULTADD works, but I can't make it work
                          > with the item.
                          >
                          > Feat reads:
                          > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITMULTADD|1
                          >
                          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, frugal@p... wrote:
                          > >
                          > > <quote who="Chris Holmes">
                          > > > I'd like to make that CRITMULTADD into an EQMOD, but it doesn't
                          > seem
                          > > > to work there.
                          > > >
                          > > > I tried BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITMULTADD|1 but that doesn't appear to
                          > > > work. Anyone have any other ideas?
                          > >
                          > > Have a look at the EQMOD for Keen. I know that it is for CRITRANGE,
                          > but
                          > > the syntax _should_ follow.
                          > >
                          > > --
                          > > regards,
                          > > Frugal
                          > > -OS Gibbon

                        • Chris Holmes
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 10, 2003
                            CRITRANGE is no problem. THat works just fine. What I want to
                            modify is CRITMULT, and I found (through someone's post) that
                            CRITMULTADD is a functioning tag. It works with a feat, but not an
                            item.

                            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Franks"
                            <bfranks@d...> wrote:
                            > Just to be sure (I may have missed a little bit of this thread...),
                            have you
                            > tried:
                            >
                            > BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITRANGEADD|1
                            >
                            > This is per the docs (PCGen Documentation|List Files|Global
                            Tags|Bonus Tag)
                            > and not copying (what may or may not be wrong) code from the LST
                            files. This
                            > also assuming from what I gathered from your post that you want to
                            increase
                            > the crit range of a weapon from a special ability applied to that
                            weapon. I
                            > haven't tried this yet myself so I can't guarantee it will work.
                            >
                            > What other disclaimers do I need to add?
                            >
                            > :P
                            >
                            > Brad Franks
                            > PCGen TM/DOC Lemur

                            EQMOD?