Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Custom abilities for deities

    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2003
      Ok, went digging this one up.

      > Hi all
      >
      > I have a few things I'm trying to do, and I'm hoping someone can point
      > me in the right direction...
      >
      > I'm trying to set up my campaign deities, and make sure that their
      > clerics get the appropriate special powers. Some of these are:
      >
      > - Fights as a fighter of the same level

      If we TYPE BAB statements, this would be possible. Looks like I need to do
      that. I'll get with Eric on scripting that, and I'll get back with everyone
      on how to do this when it is done.

      > - Gets a free fire-based Arcane spell usable once per day per level.

      Not easy. SPELL tag isn't very flexible. It could be done as a CHOOSE
      statement that gets displayed in an SA in the feat. You'd call the feat
      from the deitiy line via ADD:FEAT()

      > - Starts off with d8 hit dive, changes to d6 at 4th level, and to d4
      > at 8th level.

      Icky. Will require a special class at this time. Remind me not to follow
      that deity. :p

      > - Racial age restrictions (ability deductions) not taken into effect.

      That is something similar to the Druidic Timeless Body stuff. I'd have to
      look at how that is done.

      > - Automatic proficiency with sword.

      Simple AUTO:WEAPONPROF| tag on the deity line.

      > - Free feat and/or skill.

      ADD:FEAT or FEATAUTO and not sure what you mean by skill. for free class
      skill, would that be for the Cleric class only, or all classes?

      > How can I customise the deities to allow this? I'm somewhat new at it.

      Here is one thing to note about the deities.lst. BONUSes, etc. on those
      lines will effect any follower, not just Clerics.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD
    • Graeme Adamson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2003
        Thursday, May 29, 2003, 4:02:51 PM, Tir (thoron-tir-gwaith@...) wrote:

        Thanks for the feedback, Tir. I think I'll muck around with custom
        classes a bit! Thanks for mentioning that the deities.lst affects all
        followers - it could have taken me a while to work that one out!

        Graeme

        --
        "Nothing is impossible. Some things are just less likely than others."
        - Jonathan Winters

        E-mail notice for the Sanlam Investment Management Group("SIM")

        This e-mail, which may include one or more attachments, is strictly confidential and may contain privileged information. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you may not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

        E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses or other malicious code. SIM therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message nor any loss or damage caused as a result of the recipient being infected with any virus or other malicious code.

        SIM does not endorse any opinions, conclusions, data or other information contained in this e-mail which is unrelated to the official business of SIM and any such messages shall be construed as having not been issued by SIM.