Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Feat using INT modifier instead of STR or DEX

    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2003
      > My problem is how would you compare one mod versus another and then
      > have the larger used as a to hit modifier?

      (INT-STR) for melee

      (INT-DEX) for range

      Since the _modifiers_ apply, the above is what you need. It means the INT
      modifier will replace the STR or DEX, but you are working on the assumption
      that the user won't take a feat that is disadvantageous. If you want to
      force the greater of INT or the other stat, then:

      ((INTMAXSTR)-STR) for melee

      ((INTMAXDEX)-DEX) for range

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD
    • rebeyer52
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2003
        I have been trying to code a feat from Mongoose's Ultimate Feat book.
        War Wizard Tactics, this allows a character to use your Intelligence
        modifier in place of your Strength or Dexterity modifiers when
        determining your to hit numbers. Only for one attack per round.

        I have the prerequisites working, but when using the BONUS tag I get
        a problem.

        The BONUS tags are:

        BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|((INTMAXSTR)-STR)|TYPE=NotRanged
        BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|((INTMAXDEX)-DEX)|TYPE=Ranged

        with the feat coded as above the total BAB for a W2/F1 with
        STR10,DEX10,INT18, shows as R=10,M=10, with BAB of 2 each and a misc
        modifer of 8 each. either the program or the OS is applying the
        correct mofifer twice.

        I have tried the code with STRMAXINT and DEXMAXINT, also with
        removing the (-STR), (-DEX) argument.

        I am currently using PCGen 5.1.3

        By the way, the Ultimate Feat book has a lot of good (aand not so
        good) feats in it.

        REBeyer
      • rebeyer52
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16, 2003
          Further info, It was viewd with the Combined html OS.

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "rebeyer52" <rebeyer@s...>