Re: Serious problem writting DEITY file

  • xarithnak
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2003
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "pcn065" <cnickel1@a...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I am trying to write a custom Deity file for my campaign.
      > The problem I am having is that when I look at the Domains page all I
      > see is (Deity name)\tab\tab\tab.
      > Is there a trick to writing these files I am unaware of? I have tried
      > writing the file with the insert key on as well as off. it dosn't seem
      > to make much of a diference.
      > Thanks for any help.

      Do you have a Domain file set up? There should be domains showing up
      on the right pane if Domain file(s) are set up properly. You'll also
      need for your deity to refer to the domains so that the character is
      able to take those domains after selecting the deity.

      -Ian
      LST Gorilla
    • pcn065
      Message 2 of 7 , May 12, 2003
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "xarithnak" <ian_dale@h...>
        wrote:
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "pcn065" <cnickel1@a...>
        wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > > I am trying to write a custom Deity file for my campaign.
        > > The problem I am having is that when I look at the Domains page
        all I
        > > see is (Deity name)\tab\tab\tab.
        > > Is there a trick to writing these files I am unaware of? I have
        tried
        > > writing the file with the insert key on as well as off. it dosn't
        seem
        > > to make much of a diference.
        > > Thanks for any help.
        >
        > Do you have a Domain file set up? There should be domains showing up
        > on the right pane if Domain file(s) are set up properly. You'll also
        > need for your deity to refer to the domains so that the character is
        > able to take those domains after selecting the deity.
        >
        > -Ian
        > LST Gorilla
        OK,
        I got that problem taken care of. Now I have ONE Diety that shows on
        the file but the Domains don't show. The line is written exactly like
        all of the other lines. In fact I copied one line and just changed
        the pertenent info.
        Any Ideas?
        -Chris
      • xarithnak
        Message 3 of 7 , May 12, 2003
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "pcn065" <cnickel1@a...> wrote:
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "xarithnak" <ian_dale@h...>
          > wrote:
          > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "pcn065" <cnickel1@a...>
          > wrote:
          > > > Hi,
          > > > I am trying to write a custom Deity file for my campaign.
          > > > The problem I am having is that when I look at the Domains page
          > all I
          > > > see is (Deity name)\tab\tab\tab.
          > > > Is there a trick to writing these files I am unaware of? I have
          > tried
          > > > writing the file with the insert key on as well as off. it dosn't
          > seem
          > > > to make much of a diference.
          > > > Thanks for any help.
          > >
          > > Do you have a Domain file set up? There should be domains showing up
          > > on the right pane if Domain file(s) are set up properly. You'll also
          > > need for your deity to refer to the domains so that the character is
          > > able to take those domains after selecting the deity.
          > >
          > > -Ian
          > > LST Gorilla
          > OK,
          > I got that problem taken care of. Now I have ONE Diety that shows on
          > the file but the Domains don't show. The line is written exactly like
          > all of the other lines. In fact I copied one line and just changed
          > the pertenent info.
          > Any Ideas?
          > -Chris

          Still sounds like the Domain file isn't hooked up. :\ You've got one
          and it's referred to from your PCC?

          Have you tried using the LST Editors to create your deity(ies) and
          domain(s)?

          -Ian
          LST Gorilla
        • pcn065
          Message 4 of 7 , May 12, 2003
            > > OK,
            > > I got that problem taken care of. Now I have ONE Diety that shows
            on
            > > the file but the Domains don't show. The line is written exactly
            like
            > > all of the other lines. In fact I copied one line and just
            changed
            > > the pertenent info.
            > > Any Ideas?
            > > -Chris
            >
            > Still sounds like the Domain file isn't hooked up. :\ You've got one
            > and it's referred to from your PCC?
            >
            > Have you tried using the LST Editors to create your deity(ies) and
            > domain(s)?
            >
            > -Ian
            > LST Gorilla
            Well, I use the domain file from the srd directory. All of the other
            dieties show up along with their domains. And the deity that I am
            having trouble with has the same domains as at least one of the othe
            dieties on my list.
            I'm real confused here.
            -Chris
          • xarithnak
            Message 5 of 7 , May 12, 2003
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "pcn065" <cnickel1@a...> wrote:
              > > > OK,
              > > > I got that problem taken care of. Now I have ONE Diety that shows
              > on
              > > > the file but the Domains don't show. The line is written exactly
              > like
              > > > all of the other lines. In fact I copied one line and just
              > changed
              > > > the pertenent info.
              > > > Any Ideas?
              > > > -Chris
              > >
              > > Still sounds like the Domain file isn't hooked up. :\ You've got one
              > > and it's referred to from your PCC?
              > >
              > > Have you tried using the LST Editors to create your deity(ies) and
              > > domain(s)?
              > >
              > > -Ian
              > > LST Gorilla
              > Well, I use the domain file from the srd directory. All of the other
              > dieties show up along with their domains. And the deity that I am
              > having trouble with has the same domains as at least one of the othe
              > dieties on my list.
              > I'm real confused here.
              > -Chris

              Maybe there's a typo somewhere in the DOMAINS list? Not really sure,
              since there's not a lot to the Deities files. Maybe try changing the
              DOMAINS to be DOMAINS:ALL, and see if anything changes?

              :\

              -Ian
              LST Gorilla
            • pcn065
              Message 6 of 7 , May 12, 2003
                wrote:
                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "pcn065" <cnickel1@a...>
                > > on
                > > like
                > > changed
                > > >
                > > > Still sounds like the Domain file isn't hooked up. :\ You've
                got one
                > > > and it's referred to from your PCC?
                > > >
                > > > Have you tried using the LST Editors to create your deity(ies)
                and
                > > > domain(s)?
                > > >
                > > > -Ian
                > > > LST Gorilla
                > > Well, I use the domain file from the srd directory. All of the
                other
                > > dieties show up along with their domains. And the deity that I am
                > > having trouble with has the same domains as at least one of the
                othe
                > > dieties on my list.
                > > I'm real confused here.
                > > -Chris
                >
                > Maybe there's a typo somewhere in the DOMAINS list? Not really sure,
                > since there's not a lot to the Deities files. Maybe try changing the
                > DOMAINS to be DOMAINS:ALL, and see if anything changes?
                >
                > :\
                >
                > -Ian
                > LST Gorilla
                Thanks,