hidden feat for class abilities

  • fireflash1536
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2003
      So, i'm trying to set up the some class abilities, some of which look
      like they'd best be implemented as hidden feats. So here's the one
      that's giving me problems at the moment:

      ability gives the character 4 skill ranks in any skill that belongs to
      a single TYPE, but not another TYPE, and in which the character
      currently has zero ranks.

      this is what i have so far, but it's (obviously) not working:

      Instant Mastery[tab]
      COST:0[tab]
      MULT:Y[tab]
      STACK:N[tab]
      VISIBLE:NO[tab]
      BONUS:SKILL|LIST|4[tab]
      CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Intelligence,!TYPE.Force,SKILL.RANKS.EQ.ZERO

      The choice box that comes up is
      Instant Mastery(LIST)
      Instant Mastery(SKILL)
      Instant Mastery(TYPE.Intelligence,!TYPE.Force,RANKS=0)

      help!?

      -FF
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2003
        1) CHOOSE is | deliminated, not comma.

        2) I have no idea what you are trying to do there, but SKILLSNAMED can work off of TYPE, but TYPE does not carry info about if the character has 0 ranks or not. Try looking at the Instant Mastery hidden feat for the Loremaster. That will prob. help you get where you want to go.

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Data SB and BoD