Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

PF Totem Transformation temp feat

Expand Messages
  • Monele
    Hello, I m currently trying to get Temporary Bonuses to work to represent the various modes of the Totem Transformation ability of the various shaman
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 28, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Hello,

      I'm currently trying to get Temporary Bonuses to work to represent the
      various "modes" of the Totem Transformation ability of the various
      shaman archetypes for the Druid.

      I'm doing OK with most using TEMPBONUS (now preferred over
      BONUS:...PREAPPLY:x, right?) except for one thing: giving an automatic
      feat when the temporary bonus is applied.


      How I did it so far: I modified the existing Totem Transformation
      ability to give virtual feats for each "mode":

      Totem Transformation KEY:Totem Transformation ~ Bear Shaman
      VFEAT:Totem Transformation Movement ~ Bear Shaman|Totem Transformation
      Toughness ~ Bear Shaman|<other mode-feats...>

      (not reproducing the whole line here)

      As for feats, I'll have something like this:

      Totem Transformation Toughness ~ Bear Shaman VISIBLE:NO
      TEMPBONUS:PC|COMBAT|AC|2|Type=NaturalArmor AUTO:FEAT|Endurance

      The problem here being the Feat, of course. As is, since the character
      is given the virtual feat simply from having the Totem Transformation
      ability, he automatically gainst Endurance at all times instead of
      just when the Tempbonus is active.

      How could I make this work?


      - Moni
    • Andrew
      DEFINE:TransformActive|0 TEMPBONUS:PC|VAR|TransformActive|1 VFEAT:Blah|PREVAREQ:TransformActive,1 Cheers,
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 19, 2014
      • 0 Attachment
        DEFINE:TransformActive|0
        TEMPBONUS:PC|VAR|TransformActive|1

        VFEAT:Blah|PREVAREQ:TransformActive,1

        Cheers,


        On 10/28/2013 5:57 AM, Monele wrote:
        Hello,
        
        I'm currently trying to get Temporary Bonuses to work to represent the
        various "modes" of the Totem Transformation ability of the various
        shaman archetypes for the Druid.
        
        I'm doing OK with most using TEMPBONUS (now preferred over
        BONUS:...PREAPPLY:x, right?) except for one thing: giving an automatic
        feat when the temporary bonus is applied.
        
        
        How I did it so far: I modified the existing Totem Transformation
        ability to give virtual feats for each "mode":
        
        Totem Transformation   KEY:Totem Transformation ~ Bear Shaman
        VFEAT:Totem Transformation Movement ~ Bear Shaman|Totem Transformation
        Toughness ~ Bear Shaman|<other mode-feats...>
        
        (not reproducing the whole line here)
        
        As for feats, I'll have something like this:
        
        Totem Transformation Toughness ~ Bear Shaman VISIBLE:NO
        TEMPBONUS:PC|COMBAT|AC|2|Type=NaturalArmor AUTO:FEAT|Endurance
        
        The problem here being the Feat, of course. As is, since the character
        is given the virtual feat simply from having the Totem Transformation
        ability, he automatically gainst Endurance at all times instead of
        just when the Tempbonus is active.
        
        How could I make this work?
        
        
        - Moni
        
        
        ------------------------------------
        
        Yahoo! Groups Links
        
        <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/
        
        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional
        
        <*> To change settings online go to:
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/join
            (Yahoo! ID required)
        
        <*> To change settings via email:
            PCGenListFileHelp-digest@yahoogroups.com 
            PCGenListFileHelp-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
        
        <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            PCGenListFileHelp-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        
        <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
            http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/
        
        
        

      • David R. Bender
        I am coding up Mummy s Mask Players Guide, and one of the Campaign Traits includes: In addition, you may choose Ancient Osiriani as one of your bonus
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 21, 2014
        • 0 Attachment
          I am coding up Mummy's Mask Players Guide, and one of the Campaign Traits includes: "In addition, you may choose Ancient Osiriani as one of your bonus languages". How do I add that?

          -- david
          Papa.DRB

          My better half and me (jpg)
          Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
          Word of the Day (gif)

          Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.
          For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)

        • Andrew
          Trait grants Template, Template has LANGBONUS:Ancient Osiriani Cheers,
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 21, 2014
          • 0 Attachment
            Trait grants Template, Template has LANGBONUS:Ancient Osiriani

            Cheers,


            On 3/21/2014 7:33 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
            I am coding up Mummy's Mask Players Guide, and one of the Campaign Traits includes: "In addition, you may choose Ancient Osiriani as one of your bonus languages". How do I add that?

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            Mybetter half and me (jpg)
            LoveMe If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
            Wordof the Day (gif)

            Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.
            For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)



          • David R. Bender
            Thought that was it, but the documentation made me hesitate. I was probably over reading it, thanks! -- david Papa.DRB My better half and me (jpg)
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 21, 2014
            • 0 Attachment
              Thought that was it, but the documentation made me hesitate. I was probably over reading it, thanks!

              -- david
              Papa.DRB

              My better half and me (jpg)
              Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
              Word of the Day (gif)

              Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.
              For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)
              On 2014-03-21 Fri 10:46 AM, Andrew wrote:
              Trait grants Template, Template has LANGBONUS:Ancient Osiriani

              Cheers,


              On 3/21/2014 7:33 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
              I am coding up Mummy's Mask Players Guide, and one of the Campaign Traits includes: "In addition, you may choose Ancient Osiriani as one of your bonus languages". How do I add that?

              -- david
              Papa.DRB

              Mybetter half and me (jpg)
              LoveMe If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
              Wordof the Day (gif)

              Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.
              For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)




            • Ron Cummings-Kralik
              Actually, this brings up something I ve been dealing with the last few days.  In 6.02, if you create a monster NPC, you need to set the base attributes first,
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 22, 2014
              • 0 Attachment
                Actually, this brings up something I've been dealing with the last few days.  In 6.02, if you create a monster NPC, you need to set the base attributes first, then pick the race.  Once you have picked the race, you can no longer add bonus languages as the monsters have more then 1 "Level".  I've found a work around by adding a template to add LANGBONUS:ALL (or whatever) and then added the languages manually to the character file, then reloaded it in PCGen.  Is there a better way to do it?

                thanks,
                Ron


                On Friday, March 21, 2014 7:37 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
                 
                Trait grants Template, Template has LANGBONUS:Ancient Osiriani

                Cheers,


                On 3/21/2014 7:33 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
                I am coding up Mummy's Mask Players Guide, and one of the Campaign Traits includes: "In addition, you may choose Ancient Osiriani as one of your bonus languages". How do I add that?

                -- david
                Papa.DRB

                Mybetter half and me (jpg)
                LoveMe If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
                Wordof the Day (gif)

                Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.
                For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)





              • Andrew Wilson
                There s an Allow selection of INT bonus languages after 1st level in preferences. turn it on. andrew
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 22, 2014
                • 0 Attachment
                  There's an "Allow selection of INT bonus languages after 1st level" in preferences.

                  turn it on.

                  andrew


                  On 22 March 2014 08:17, Ron Cummings-Kralik <track3theory@...> wrote:


                  Actually, this brings up something I've been dealing with the last few days.  In 6.02, if you create a monster NPC, you need to set the base attributes first, then pick the race.  Once you have picked the race, you can no longer add bonus languages as the monsters have more then 1 "Level".  I've found a work around by adding a template to add LANGBONUS:ALL (or whatever) and then added the languages manually to the character file, then reloaded it in PCGen.  Is there a better way to do it?

                  thanks,
                  Ron


                  On Friday, March 21, 2014 7:37 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
                   
                  Trait grants Template, Template has LANGBONUS:Ancient Osiriani

                  Cheers,


                  On 3/21/2014 7:33 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
                  I am coding up Mummy's Mask Players Guide, and one of the Campaign Traits includes: "In addition, you may choose Ancient Osiriani as one of your bonus languages". How do I add that?

                  -- david
                  Papa.DRB

                  Mybetter half and me (jpg)
                  LoveMe If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
                  Wordof the Day (gif)

                  Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.
                  For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)








                • Ron Cummings-Kralik
                  Thank you! Cheers, Ron On Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:23 PM, Andrew Wilson wrote:   There s an Allow selection of INT bonus languages
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 23, 2014
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Thank you!
                    Cheers,
                    Ron


                    On Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:23 PM, Andrew Wilson <andrew@...> wrote:
                     
                    There's an "Allow selection of INT bonus languages after 1st level" in preferences.

                    turn it on.

                    andrew


                    On 22 March 2014 08:17, Ron Cummings-Kralik <track3theory@...> wrote:


                    Actually, this brings up something I've been dealing with the last few days.  In 6.02, if you create a monster NPC, you need to set the base attributes first, then pick the race.  Once you have picked the race, you can no longer add bonus languages as the monsters have more then 1 "Level".  I've found a work around by adding a template to add LANGBONUS:ALL (or whatever) and then added the languages manually to the character file, then reloaded it in PCGen.  Is there a better way to do it?

                    thanks,
                    Ron


                    On Friday, March 21, 2014 7:37 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
                     
                    Trait grants Template, Template has LANGBONUS:Ancient Osiriani

                    Cheers,


                    On 3/21/2014 7:33 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
                    I am coding up Mummy's Mask Players Guide, and one of the Campaign Traits includes: "In addition, you may choose Ancient Osiriani as one of your bonus languages". How do I add that?

                    -- david
                    Papa.DRB

                    Mybetter half and me (jpg)
                    LoveMe If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
                    Wordof the Day (gif)

                    Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.
                    For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)










                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.