Is it possible to put any single 2nd lvl scroll in a Starting Kit?

  • track3theory
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2013
      I'm building starting kits to a book.  The book has options that include "any 2nd-lvl" scroll.  I thought perhaps I could do something like:

      STARTPACK:Any 2nd lvl scroll                    EQUIPBUY:0        VISIBLE:YES    APPLY:PERMANENT
      #GEAR:CHOOSE:EQUIPMENT|TYPE=Scroll|COST=150                            LOCATION:Not Carried

      But this does not work.  What would be the appropriate way to handle it?
      Thanks!
      Ron
    • Rob
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2013
        GEAR:TYPE=Scroll>tab<MAXCOST:150

        If it’s specific to Arcane or Divine, then you want;

        GEAR:TYPE=Arcane.Scroll

        Replacing Arcane for Divine

        Doing it this way, by the way, will give you a pop chooser of all the scrolls or arcane/divine scrolls, depending on how you set it up.

        If you want it to randomly choose a scroll, that’s a wee bit different kettle of fish.

        W. Robert Reed III

        Mynex

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2013
          Oh, as a warning... It will ONLY populate scrolls that have been made equipment... If a scroll isn't in the equipment list file, then you're out of luck doing it this way and have to manually add the scroll in the item creator.

          W. Robert Reed III
          Mynex