[Pathfinder] Mythic Adventures

  • papa_drb
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 12, 2013
      I am going to start working on Pathfinders Mythic Adventures. For those that don't have it, this is a bolt-on system that increases the PCs power *without* adding character levels.

      I say bolt-on, because it operates outside the character level formulas.

      For instance, take a Fighter 2.
      If he gains Fighter 3 (or any PC class 1, ie Cleric 1), he gets skill points, favored class (if applicable) and a feat.
      If he gains a Mythic Tier (ascension) he is considered Fighter 2 / Mythic 1, and NOT a 3rd level character so he does not get skill points, favored class or a feat. What he does get is some mythic powers.

      This goes for all the Mythic Tiers (10 of them). Every 2, he gets ability score raises. At 1 and every 2 after he gets a mythic feat. Every tier he gets 1 or more mythic powers or improvements to mythic powers.

      This means mythic can not piggy back onto the normal feat/skill/etc progressions.

      I really don't want to do a game mode add to add a Mythic Tab, so I was thinking of adding the Mythic Tab under Feats & Abilities. Then have something along the lines of an archetype where you could add the first level of mythic, which causes the particular paths to be selectable, as well as mythic feats under the feat sub-tab, and the powers under the mythic tab.

      Does this sound like a plan of attack, or does someone have something better?

      -- david
      papa.drb
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 12, 2013
        Hi David,

        Based upon what you described, a new tab sounds appropriate under the Feats and Abilities.

        To make "assigning" level easier, have all ten mythic levels as an ability to be selected. Use a
        DEFINE:MythicLVL|x for each one. You can either have a higher level add the lower, or just ignore it
        completely. Sounds like everything can be driven by an internal ability granted by all ten of the
        level granter abilities. Which would grant your Ability increase based upon the MythicLVL variable,
        your mythic feat, etc.

        Sounds fairly easy as far as a non-class level progression system goes.

        -Andrew

        On 10/12/2013 11:57 AM, Papa.DRB@... wrote:

        > I am going to start working on Pathfinders Mythic Adventures. For those that don't have it, this is
        > a bolt-on system that increases the PCs power *without* adding character levels.
        >
        > I say bolt-on, because it operates outside the character level formulas.
        >
        > For instance, take a Fighter 2.
        > If he gains Fighter 3 (or any PC class 1, ie Cleric 1), he gets skill points, favored class (if
        > applicable) and a feat.
        > If he gains a Mythic Tier (ascension) he is considered Fighter 2 / Mythic 1, and NOT a 3rd level
        > character so he does not get skill points, favored class or a feat. What he does get is some mythic
        > powers.
        >
        > This goes for all the Mythic Tiers (10 of them). Every 2, he gets ability score raises. At 1 and
        > every 2 after he gets a mythic feat. Every tier he gets 1 or more mythic powers or improvements to
        > mythic powers.
        >
        > This means mythic can not piggy back onto the normal feat/skill/etc progressions.
        >
        > I really don't want to do a game mode add to add a Mythic Tab, so I was thinking of adding the
        > Mythic Tab under Feats & Abilities. Then have something along the lines of an archetype where you
        > could add the first level of mythic, which causes the particular paths to be selectable, as well as
        > mythic feats under the feat sub-tab, and the powers under the mythic tab.
        >
        > Does this sound like a plan of attack, or does someone have something better?
        >
        > -- david
        > papa.drb

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 12, 2013
          Not sure about an archetype, but it might work…

          Or make the mythic ranks templates or perhaps individual traits…

          Hrmm… that’s just off the cuff though… *shrug* I suppose use whatever works. :p

          W. Robert Reed III

          Mynex

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 12, 2013
            Or just go with that. :p

            (should really read the whole thread before responding. :D )

            W. Robert Reed III
            Mynex

            Based upon what you described, a new tab sounds appropriate under the Feats and Abilities.

            To make "assigning" level easier, have all ten mythic levels as an ability to be selected. Use a DEFINE:MythicLVL|x for each one. You can either have a higher level add the lower, or just ignore it completely. Sounds like everything can be driven by an internal ability granted by all ten of the level granter abilities. Which would grant your Ability increase based upon the MythicLVL variable, your mythic feat, etc.

            Sounds fairly easy as far as a non-class level progression system goes.

            -Andrew

            On 10/12/2013 11:57 AM, Papa.DRB@... wrote:

            > I am going to start working on Pathfinders Mythic Adventures. For
            > those that don't have it, this is a bolt-on system that increases the PCs power *without* adding character levels.
            >
            > I say bolt-on, because it operates outside the character level formulas.
            >
            > For instance, take a Fighter 2.
            > If he gains Fighter 3 (or any PC class 1, ie Cleric 1), he gets skill
            > points, favored class (if
            > applicable) and a feat.
            > If he gains a Mythic Tier (ascension) he is considered Fighter 2 /
            > Mythic 1, and NOT a 3rd level character so he does not get skill
            > points, favored class or a feat. What he does get is some mythic powers.
            >
            > This goes for all the Mythic Tiers (10 of them). Every 2, he gets
            > ability score raises. At 1 and every 2 after he gets a mythic feat.
            > Every tier he gets 1 or more mythic powers or improvements to mythic powers.
            >
            > This means mythic can not piggy back onto the normal feat/skill/etc progressions.
            >
            > I really don't want to do a game mode add to add a Mythic Tab, so I
            > was thinking of adding the Mythic Tab under Feats & Abilities. Then
            > have something along the lines of an archetype where you could add the
            > first level of mythic, which causes the particular paths to be selectable, as well as mythic feats under the feat sub-tab, and the powers under the mythic tab.
            >
            > Does this sound like a plan of attack, or does someone have something better?
            >
            > -- david
            > papa.drb

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 10, 2013
              I am starting to code Mythic Adventures, and am getting this error.

              07:29:01.476 LSTERROR Thread-17 CategoryToken:87 TYPE [MythicTier] is not valid in 'parent' category Mythic Tier of null.

              file: ma_abilitycategories.lst
              ABILITYCATEGORY:Mythic Tier            VISIBLE:YES        EDITABLE:YES        EDITPOOL:YES    FRACTIONALPOOL:NO        CATEGORY:Mythic Tier        TYPE:MythicTier                                            PLURAL:Mythic Tiers        DISPLAYLOCATION:Mythic Abilities

              file: ma_abilities.lst
              Tier One            CATEGORY:Mythic Tier    TYPE:Mythic    COST:0    DESC:A description of Tier 1 stuff

              Sorry, the ability category / ability stuff just confuses me.....

              -- david
              Papa.DRB

              My better half and me (jpg)
              Word of the Day (gif)

              For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)

            • papa_drb