RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Educated Feat

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1 8:53 AM
      Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still having issues
      with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag and it brings up a choose
      box but for some reason it will only let me select one skill,
      shouldn't the following give you a choice of two skills?

      CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>

      > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
      >
      > Educated<tab>
      > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
      > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
      > MULT:YES<tab>
      > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
      > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
      > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
      >
      > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
      > know if you can
      > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
      >
      > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
      >
      > Barak
      > - PCGen BoD
      > - OS Silverback

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1 9:53 AM
        Oops,sorry..

        CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=2|SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2

        (And I'm not real sure you need the trailing 2 any more...)

        Barak
        - PCGen BoD
        - OS Silverback

      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1 12:22 PM
          Grrrr, now it works just fine. Maybe I hadn't reloaded the sources.

          > Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still
          > having issues with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag
          > and it brings up a choose box but for some reason it will
          > only let me select one skill, shouldn't the following give
          > you a choice of two skills?
          >
          > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
          > >

          > > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
          > >
          > > Educated<tab>
          > > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
          > > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
          > > MULT:YES<tab>
          > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
          > > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
          > > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
          > >
          > > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
          > > know if you can
          > > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
          > >
          > > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
          > >
          > > Barak
          > > - PCGen BoD
          > > - OS Silverback

        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1 12:24 PM
            I take that back, I had two feats availible and it just used the other
            one.

            > Grrrr, now it works just fine. Maybe I hadn't reloaded the sources.
            >

            > > Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still
            > > having issues with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag
            > > and it brings up a choose box but for some reason it will
            > > only let me select one skill, shouldn't the following give
            > > you a choice of two skills?
            > >
            > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
            > > >

            > > > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
            > > >
            > > > Educated<tab>
            > > > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
            > > > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
            > > > MULT:YES<tab>
            > > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
            > > > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
            > > > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
            > > >
            > > > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
            > > > know if you can
            > > > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
            > > >
            > > > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
            > > >
            > > > Barak
            > > > - PCGen BoD
            > > > - OS Silverback

          • Tommy Williams
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1 12:29 PM
              Message
              I stand corrected...  or in this case, sit..  ;)